Thread: Run Mozilla Firefox on a ramdisk

Run Mozilla Firefox on a ramdisk

Anyone have any idea about this? How can i run Mozilla Firefox on a ramdisk? is there any way to speed up my Mozilla Firefox using ramdisk? Please if anyione has any idea about this than please provide me.

Re: Run Mozilla Firefox on a ramdisk

You can disable caching hard disk and RAM caching allows the Firefox about: config page. A RAMdisk is not necessary.

1. Type about: config in the address bar and press enter.
    2. Set the value of browser.cache.disk.enable false.
    3. Create a new integer value disk.cache.memory.capacity name and set its value to 32768 (32 MB), 65536 (64 MB) or 131072 (for 128).
    4. Restart Firefox.

Rajni Guest

Unfortunately, Dataram does not require the format. You have to run "as", which is FAT32. That is free of errors, however the restart and took a moment to get what you see in Win7.

How can you move the profile of Windows 7 and the latest version of Firefox? The folders are completely different, and is no longer a profile manager. Second, I tried to move Firefox's cache, and through about: config, and wrote the RAM disk as the way? I do not think it's working. The folder is empty (0 KB).

There are lots of other things you can do with a ramdisk, but do not utilize Firefox much. You can run Thunderbird email client in the same direct all temporary files on disk (You require a solid 768 MB + if you decide to utilze this characteristics), Which assists a lot for the installation of files faster . I personally would not worry too much about saving 5-10 seconds after the installation of Photoshop, because I found a temporary ramdisk, because only 5-10 seconds of a five-minute installation really is not much. Feel free to try it for yourself though. To redirect all temporary files in a ramdisk you need to go to Start > Run > regedit

i will work with two, but no major improvements in 2 points that you really, really should jump to 3. That will keep all your bookmarks, so Firefox uses no more than 8 and even if it did, most sites do not allow more than 4 simultaneous connections.

When you restore Firefox from its minimized state, the memory is consumed right again, but will have to wait longer for FF to appear. So basically, this trick is most useful when you want to do something short-term, intensive work and minimize memory Firefox until this work is done. Mozilla has done extra work to disable this because for people who are not aware of the details of what change is more a nuisance than an asset.

You have a question about the operation of Firefox in the Ram, which you mention, if your computer crashes you have to reinstall Firefox, also close / restart the computer. Because each time you restart you also have to reinstall.

I have no reason to spend extra full concert for the RAM disk. In general, Windows XP can make better use of it. In this particular case, I wanted to experiment. A 256 MB compressed NTFS volume is well enough. Depends on the use so far, i could possible decrease the size of 100 MB and at a standstill have sufficient room to operate. And if you mean "utilize the fourth GB the BIOS does not report to Windows", found a memory disk that can do that, but I saw one that said I could. If the BIOS does not report it, and Windows does not see, how the ramdisk driver even knowing they are there to use?

I am aware of the trouble of address space. My trouble is bit dissimilar: I have 4 GB on the box, but the BIOS just reports 3GB of Windows. I would love to utilize the addiional GB and a RAM disk is what to do with it, but I have no knowledge of any ramdisk driver to see and utilize the addiional GB if the BIOS does not report it.