Thread: Does the Social bookmarking effective or not

Does the Social bookmarking effective or not

I am running few sites which are indexed on Google and I am average traffic over it. Now for the intention of increasing the traffic I have bookmarked lots of my sites and waited a small number of weeks except no increase in traffic. i make use of social marker, concerning 20 out of 50. Do you think that it is not efficient to use? What should I need to do rather?

Re: Does the Social bookmarking effective or not

Yes, the social bookmarking is still relevant! Tools that allow us to better share and collaborate better are far from being out of fashion ... It's not even the beginning and there is also that everyone has not yet discovered

Without going into vain to social bookmarking means (or should understand) the social sharing websites or website content quality of social networks that offer the possibility (Digg, Delicious, etc...). Needless to say, if your site is shared and appreciated that it is easy to get traffic, backlinks and benefits in terms of positioning in search engines. In conclusion we can only try, with real decision and following all the rules, if we have the cards to win is likely to reach a good response, on the contrary, we risk if we do not preclude us from undertaking access to an extraordinary resource of traffic.

The concept social bookmarking are three principles:
    • A user puts interesting sites fixed (bookmarking)
    • There is a bookmark to one or more keywords added
    • The bookmarks are shared with other users.

Marketing your site on social networking Web sites can be very effective in more than one ways. If your site is advertised in the appropriate places on a social networking site and visited, it will be possible for you to get more traffic. Thus, in the current era of Internet marketing many social networking sites use to their advantage.

If a large number of users participating in a social bookmarking initiative creates a set of content that in some ways very effective dates can be extracted.
    • If a page is often featured, this is obviously a very interesting or relevant page. A user can thus quickly become an important page of a minor distinction page.
    • Because many keywords are added to a bookmark, bookmarks can be quickly printed that thing with the subject to do.
    • Because multiple keywords to a bookmark added, can be found quickly insert relevant to the topic

All this happens without any editing is needed to assess its bookmarks, through the collective effort of all users create a reliable and relevant database of bookmarks.

The most excellent recognized social bookmarking sites: very large attendance, uncluttered interface, speed of access, ease of use.

Only negative in my opinion: tags can have only one word. For example, if you want to assign the tag "Web 2.0" to a bookmark, you will actually generate two, "Web" and "2.0". A tip may be, for example, name the tag "Web_2.0", which is not very practical.

The social bookmarking services (SSB) using web technology to allow storage, use and share lists of bookmarks created by users. Websites, web pages, documents online: everything can be sorted, stored, tagged, shared with others, and downloaded to your PC. Access to and uses of the SSB are free.
    These tools are easy to read and use, addressed to a wide audience, suitable for students, researchers, scholars, or even passionate devotees of one or more subjects. The result is a catalog of web resources, chosen directly by users, who shall divide them into categories by keywords or tags.

Social Bookmarking tools are in my opinion a new revolution in the field of information retrieval on the Internet that has a strong advantage over search engines. Indeed, the classification of bookmarks is done by humans who "understand" the content of the pages they visit unlike search engines that use algorithms to try to determine the content of a web resource.