Thread: Pligg VS WordPress

Pligg VS WordPress

I'm planning for a solid Content management system that can be exercised for multiple site types, such as Blog, Link Directory and review site. Thus in simple words i am about to make a website through which i can provide all the information as well as can have reviews from the end users as well. It is something that I can hand over to a client who knows nothing about websites and can administer and continue on their own. What do you think which source will be better to make use of either pligg or wordpress over here?

Re: Pligg VS WordPress

see it is actually depends upon various factors such as what is your clients need, towards which language your personal preference rater knowledge matters as well. Along with this It all depends on what you desire to present your clients. Pligg and Wordpress both provide you a dissimilar kind of platform where pligg is more of a bookmarking site. But still as far as security is concern i would always recommend you to make use of WordPress, and another thing that make me use it as I do not know what is pligg, I never used it, thus as mentioned preferred knowledge area also play very important role over here.

I think at the end of the day it all approach down to what you have in intellect.

Since, Wordpress let its users to sign up for blogs and get their unique URLs on your server. And Pligg is an outstanding Digg clone social networking platform. It is a high scalable up till now demanding social networking platform.

However, while it comes to deciding about a Blog, Link Directory and review site you desire your CMS to be extremely scalable, flexible, and effortless to utilize. At the end of the day, it all comes down to your taste as mentioned above. I would personally recommend to make use of WordPress as it allows to host others’ blogs for free.

as mentioned above i am also having almost same opinion as It is totally up to your obligation, If you desire to build something like bookmarking site go with pligg or else wordpress is the best pick according to me.

see i would like to inform you about the newer features of pligg in its newer Beta 9.5 release. You can have further information about this newer version from here.

see i can mentioned some of the good features provided by the wordpress which will let you choose this one only.

• Membership Directory
    • Business Directory
    • Ffffound Clone
    • Job Board
    • Contact Manager

mamatha1 Guest

I will prefer wordpress it is a free, Web-based software program that anyone can use to build and maintain a website or blog. It was originally intended as an easy way to set up a blog. But, thanks to the efforts of a large “open source” community of WordPress programmers working to extend and improve its capabilities, WordPress has become much more than just a tool for bloggers and also its more secure compare to pligg.