Thread: Linux Mint: BBC iPlayer failed to work in Firefox or Chrome

Linux Mint: BBC iPlayer failed to work in Firefox or Chrome

I've switched to Linux Mint Julia from Windows. It's not going too gravely thus far, but I'm having situations with playing motion pictures and music online. Ordinary YouTube videos work fine, but any TV make up for lost time motion pictures on YouTube don't. Nothing on BBC iPlayer works nor in any of the different TV destinations. I cannot stream any radio either. Why is this? I hold the freshest form of Flash (10, 2, 152, and 27), Moonlight, and the most recent VLC and MPlayer. Is there something else I need to install or update?

Re: Linux Mint: BBC iPlayer failed to work in Firefox or Chrome

You would be influenced by a small bug that hit me and a few others. The fix appears to be clearing all reserve (ALL program store incorporating skimming history and such) actually run over to edit > preferences > privacy and clear out your history and treats. Restart and attempt that.

I think I'm lost some codecs or updates or something, but I don't recognize what. I press play, and it looks love its going to stack. Yet then "This substance doesn't seem, by all accounts, to be working. Attempt again later" unfailingly shows up. On STV Player and 4oD and the TV on YouTube stuff, nothing happens when the page is loaded.

I have looked through the message-boards, but I've not found anybody in the same situations and with the same situation as me. I didn't post on there on account of I thought my situation could be something to do with Linux. On 4oD and STV Player and YouTube TV videos, the adverts at the begin work, but then movie it doesn't play. I have MPlayer, which gives me DivX, Quicktime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player Browser Plugins 0.9.9.2. I have Java 1.6.0 and ShockwaveFlash 10.2 in Firefox.

I was ready to stream on Windows. My framework is situated to the automatic substitute configuration URL, so I don't feel that could be the situation (but I'm determined to take it home following weekend to see provided that it finalizes a substitute-unhindered connection). I messaged the uni IT group, but they primarily told me I was on my particular seeing that they don't underpin Linux. Moreover I’ve set my program and Synaptic to the programmed substitute configuration URL. I've moreover adapted the bash.rc and gconf files to unite the substitute.

I've constantly managed to get Mint to work over my uni's PEAP network following staying proxies in, and newly they dropped the substitute requirement so it got simpler. The contents you were getting about substance not good to go, that happens most when their servers have got a situation, but if you're been getting it always its a situation your finish with your OS or how the arrangement sees Mint and confining access to certain ports. My IT section have given speakers sorrow for connecting their Mac's to the Ethernet as it "would be able to spread viruses" granted that they have, unofficially made me setting up substitutes with Ubuntu assembles truly effortlessly (its more straightforward to get Mint on our arrangement than Windows!) They spent 2 weeks worth of man hours attempting to get PS3's on their particular network and came up short, and XBOX360's they would be unable to do anything with either in the past.

I never attempted to stream iplayer from any of accommodation, they say they don't support Linux but its so basic to get on their grid (less demanding than windows) and a straightforward substitute enter to get software packages running is basic. Newly they've evacuated they require to drop in substitutes in your browser/IM clients which is functional of them. The reality your browser works infers it is affirmed I guess.

Utilizing chromium-browser on Peppermint iPlayer works out of the case, and I checked with Oscar799 who tells me that iPlayer works perfectly for streaming on Linux Mint 9, so this is destination-particular to your case (given that alternate folks on the same network can look at it). In the event that you would be able to let us have prior knowledge regarding any/all plugins or changes that you have made following fixing, and think would be able to be related, that may help us limited the situation down.

Standard YouTube videos work fine at uni. I have MPlayer, which gives me DivX, Quicktime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player Browser Plugins 0.9.9.2. I have Java 1.6.0 and Shockwave Flash 10.2 in Firefox, and an entire stack of Gstreamer stuff. However codecs cannot be the situation resulting from the fact that all items works fine with my home internet.