Thread: All Mail disappeared from Opera's interface

All Mail disappeared from Opera's interface

Suddenly I found that my computer crashed, and after I re-start at that time I face that Opera is not loading ANY mail. And also I can see that all Mail completely disappeared from Opera's interface. And do for that I have also checked and index.ini is there in the profile and also all messages are still there in the profile. And there I found that the only odd Is the indexer, there's still 4 files there::
    • message_id (13.75 Mb)
    • indexer.bx (38.83 Mb)
    • indexer.axx (0.67 Mb)
    • indexer.ax (0.50 Mb)

Any suggestion for that. If you are having then please reply me back about this.

Re: All Mail disappeared from Opera's interface

First tell me that, the messages are listed and you can not see or open them??? Or else the messages are not listed even. And for that reason I will suggest you to try with the following suggestion:
    go to opera:config > look for "Mail Database Consistency Check> and change the value to zero> Click on save and then close Opera.
    Hope that this will help you to resolve your problem.

Friend, thanks for replying me about this. Ok, I checked for that and there I found that even the messages are not listed over there. All the indexes are there on the panel, but there's not a single indexed message in there. I tried with the above suggestion also but that also not helped me.

What you will say if I stay with my current setup and I get to all accounts as if they were new account?? I am asking this because, I can still use the 800 rules of regular expressions and their application in many different labels?? And I my case, I would like to say that I can only move the store folder, to another location and later in import messages.

If it's so small, so I guess the database is garbage / lost. If so and you do not have a recent backup of the mail folder, I think it really matter with this method, for example. But still for this I will say to you that it will be a hurt unless you are going to use all the IMAP accounts with keywords for labels So you do not have to import anything and just creating a folder with IMAP accounts for new mail messages and restore all your labels. Judging by others who have had this problem, Opera does not survive a computer crash very well. However, I can see that other clients like Thunderbird and Sylpheed, for example, either.

Well, if that's the only way, then I think there is too much work to do since you have to start from scratch the work of the import of all 526,000 messages from 2005 to 2011, I can ask two things ¿? And the question is: Can you talk to developers and to recommend any specific file system and cluster size of the partition to better serve the thousands of small pieces of MBS in reality Opera Mail System creates.?

You may not copy the entire mail folder, not only because it is too large, but more importantly, because it takes time and consumes CPU resources on my machine as well, while performing the operation. That's exactly why my last backup of the entire mail folder is about 3 months old, unfortunately.

The indexer, IMAP and POP3folders need backup as well. Autofilter folder has to be a backup if you want to back up what the anti-spam filters and labels have learned if you're ready to learn. The folder is just the lexical search index and rebuild it if Opera is not there.

I have said that the burden of database mail faster with linux ext 3 / 4, but that does not mean it will be important enough for you. For the cluster size, I suppose you want to know the average size of the MBS file and choose a cluster size that can adjust the overall average size, with no white space too. However, I'm not sure how things will improve. And if you have lots of small files from another part of the system, which will open up more space. In addition, NTFS, at least I think that disk compression only works with a cluster size of 4K. Therefore, if you need compression, then you have to use 4K no matter what.

I do not know whether it was sufficiently clear in my previous post my head is not really in the right place at this time: I wanted to ask, certainly not what should backup, but the copy I daily safety in order to avoid further disasters like the one today.

Hey all, I am also having related problem with the opera and this is as in my case, my all Received emails disappeared from the list. And with this, I am facing strange thing which is as:
    • my omailbase.dat is 53.6MB
    • at the top of Mail Panel, it says Received (6 unread, 4702 total), but yet I can only see the 6 unread emails.
    • My Sent folder is fine, "Trash" and "Drafts" folders are fine too, with all messages listed and showing. Only the "Received" is emptied out, except displaying the most recently received ones.

Is here anyone have the suggestion about this also. I have also tried with the suggestion which you all have suggested over here but still I get that I am facing the same problem. Please reply me about that.