Thread: Need help regarding profile in Google Chrome version 6.0.472.36

Need help regarding profile in Google Chrome version 6.0.472.36

I have installed Google Chrome version 6.0.472.36 recently and the problem that I have started facing is that when I am starting the chrome than I am getting a error message saying that your profile cannot be used as it is form a newer version of Google Chrome. And it also says that some feature might not be available and it says to specify some other profile directory or to use a newer version of the chrome. I have tried to find the newer version but then I am getting the same version to be the newest. Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Need help regarding profile in Google Chrome version 6.0.472.36

Even I was facing the same kind of problem when I had switched to Chrome 6 stable from Chrome 7 beta but then I was able to solve it by the changing the following:
    Home folder/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default after that just delete the Web data file and after deleting it reboot you pc and then start the chrome again and now you won’t face the same problem.

Even I had installed the Google Chrome version 6.0.472.36 but then I did not like it because of it tiny fonts so I did a system restore on my machine which is running on Win 7 after which I was automatically switched to the older version 5.0.375.127 and after that It started giving me error saying 'Your profile cannot be used because it is from newer version of Google Chrome. Some features may be unavailable. Please specify a different profile directory or use a newer version of Chrome.’ Later my friend suggested me to Open the Windows Explorer and then change the defaults and views and make changes such as to show list, and to show hidden files, and to show full directory after that I went in to the c:\Users\HP\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web Data and then deleted the Web Data folder and then rebooted and after that it started working well and now I am not getting any kind of error. It really works just check it out and then let me know if it helps you as well. Best of luck.

Hey thanks for your help it worked for me I was trying to sort it out form long hours but then deleting the web data folder really helped me out but I just wanted to know that deleting the web data folder does not affect or what because it might be in use by the chrome?

Yes Deleting Web Data folders will affects I mean that when you delete the Web Data folder you lose some useful data for e.g. search engines that is maintained in the Google chrome and in order to get it back do the following:

Before deleting the web data folder just copy the following database of keywords at some place:
    1. sqlite3 "Web Data"
    2. sqlite> .output keywords.sql
    3. sqlite> .dump keywords
    4. .quit

After that dump it in a “.sql file” and then delete Web Data file. i.e "rm Web\ Data"

Then drop table keywords and the older one in order to avoid any conflict and then read keywords.sql and then quit.

And now when you will open Google chrome then you will see the entire search engine.

I am getting the same message every time when I am trying to launch the Chrome 13.0.782.109 beta. I have also tried to follow the solution that has been specified above but then when I am searching in the location that has been specified then I am not getting the chrome folder.I am using Mac Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.8 so I don’t know if that makes any difference. Any further help will be appreciated.