Thread: Is Nightly 64-bit builds of Firefox not supported by windows

Is Nightly 64-bit builds of Firefox not supported by windows

Hello friends, I would know that the Nightly 64-bit builds of Firefox is been supported by the windows or not, I want to use the Firefox and also wanted to have the Nightly 64-bit builds in it. So does anyone have the idea about it and also if you are having sort of the information about it then please tell me, and also which is helpful to me to know about it. Kindly give me your suggestion and also the information about it. Thank you.

Re: Is Nightly 64-bit builds of Firefox not supported by windows

From now on, 64-bit versions of Firefox for Windows are not formally supported yet. And there is no estimated time of when it will be formally supported. I'm presently making this thread because the other is quite old. As a result, officers Win64 versions of Aurora, Beta or Release not yet exist. It is based only exist for the channel nightly.

For the latest Win64 Nightly build:

If you wanted the 64-bit plug-ins then it is available for 64-bit Firefox, so you have click on the below links:

Meta-bug in Windows 64 bit is the final official support. At this time you can protest about why there was no 64-bit builds nightly in the last days or when it will officially release version of Firefox Win64 without contaminating the paper create discussions. Can also be argued that "official support", although it will not change anything at all about what Mozilla is doing.

Not officially compatible with Windows, as it still is compatible with Mac OSX and Linux from Firefox 4.0. It is possible to break the 64-bit anthology without breaking 32-bits, so the nightly builds have a purpose 64-bit additional control to ensure that the code still compiles successfully and 64 bits. The only thing that is based 64-bit (in Linux) was used for originally before 64-bit builds for Linux and Mac OSX were officers.

Actually, I'd like a reason to worry. I have accumulated so many errors and deficiencies at this point that the lack of a 64-bit version is the list even more. And I find it much more readable nightly.mozilla.org to sift through FTP folders.

We also listen to that 64-bit builds of Windows currently cannot use 32-bit plug-in. I think that the problem with the lower one should be completed and also fixed properly.

It must release the official Win64 without support - 64 bit plug-in, extensions and how it will appear as the Win64 Firefox users get a real base. As small as can be the beginning, or labeled as "power users" - those are the partners who make it happen. In my view, we have the least to release an official 64-bit version of the Flash Player "Square" and the 64-bit Java plug-in. Let's face it - without a growing number of users, do you think Adobe and other developers to integrate really start investing in the development and improvement of 64-bit plug-ins, extensions, and whatever? When you release the Firefox Win64 carry an additional benefit (not small) - IE competition is x64, which is - well, weak. Or are we going to wait for the release of Chrome 64 to start worrying about it?

Windows is implicit in "Windows 64-bit" in the title, but I think I should have written explicitly. I know have added it this it to comment which I have made.

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleT View Post
    It must release the official Win64 without support - 64 bit plug-in, extensions and how it will appear as the Win64 Firefox users get a real base. As small as can be the beginning, or labeled as "power users" - those are the partners who make it happen. In my view, we have the least to release an official 64-bit version of the Flash Player "Square" and the 64-bit Java plug-in. Let's face it - without a growing number of users, do you think Adobe and other developers to integrate really start investing in the development and improvement of 64-bit plug-ins, extensions, and whatever? When you release the Firefox Win64 carry an additional benefit (not small) - IE competition is x64, which is - well, weak. Or are we going to wait for the release of Chrome 64 to start worrying about it?
    Plug-in are third party software that Mozilla has no control. The browser is supposed to not fail to load a plug-in that the user has before now installed only because the architecture is wrong. Flash "Square" is obscenely date and has many recognized security fault. Its use is highly discouraged. Plug-in vendors are unwilling to hold up 64-bit architectures; 32-bit browsers need the support of plug-in. So you wish for Mozilla to launch a product that is not ready for prime time, in order to fight with an additional product that is just not ready for real use? That logic makes no sense. Mozilla should not rush to make it public a product before its ready. That's like shooting yourself in the foot. In addition, there is no hurry to have a native 64-bit version of Windows, as the 32-bit version works perfectly well.

Rajni Guest

“Plug-in vendors are unwilling to hold up 64-bit architectures; 32-bit browsers need the support of plug-in.”
    I disagree. There are many applications that are 64 bits. I have a few right now. Xfire chat, night Firefox, Java, EVGA Precision, CoreTemp, Crysis, audio and video, WinRAR, etc. There is no limit to the figure of applications by now existing and drivers existing in 64-bit. Mozilla, in general, is still quite weak since Safari has been 64 bit for a while, and IE9 have a choice of 64 bits. Even Google has a 64-bit version in the works. The user base that already exists for 64-bit, Mozilla just capitalize on it, which is not so.

The only applications that really could not be useful with more than 3 GB per process, or extra 64-bit optimization is WinRAR and Crysis - Coretemp I doubt must be 64 bits, other than because you are using a 64 bit OS - same with the drivers you mentioned. Personally I think that Firefox does not respond with anything more than 1GB of RAM.

Firefox is perfectly fine when it comes to use 2 GB of RAM, 300 chips. With Azure and electrolysis is coming, not sure if Firefox does not respond never, perhaps only in extreme cases. With HTML5 and lots of online media at this time and in the future, do not believe that energy users will be fine with 32 bit Firefox building.