Thread: Need suggestion for the user-defined memory usage limits in Firefox

Need suggestion for the user-defined memory usage limits in Firefox

Hello friends, I need some suggestion to do the user-defined memory usage limits in Firefox, I really want to do it but I am not able to do it and also I am not finding any way to do it. So I need some suggestion from you people that how to do it and also which is the best method to do it in the Firefox. Kindly give me suggestion about it and also if you have something else about it then please be free to tell me about it, thank you.

Re: Need suggestion for the user-defined memory usage limits in Firefox

GIMP, an image editing program contain a system in which part of the undo history deleted if an action causes the undo history to overcome a limitation set by the user memory. I think Firefox be supposed to perform somewhat alike. Instead of undo history, would the pages visited on the current session. The history list be supposed to be missing on your own yet, but if the content is not present, will clear the memory to go beyond the edge defined by the user (256 MB be supposed to be a good default - this be supposed to not include memory INS, plug-ins, and the program itself, the content of a web page had). If the user returns to a page that has been deleted from the RAM, the page just re-download. For example, if the user sets the memory edge of 128 MB and has a single window or tab open and a download page that makes the memory limit is exceeded the content of the first page visited are erased from memory, although the user can still return to it. If that's not enough memory is clear, the content of the second page visited to be forfeited, and so on. Of course, there must be something on the site you visit that utilize extra than 128 MB (for example, a site graphically intense), then this would be the only exception that can be overcome this memory limit.

I think that you will be able to get some sort of the information on the Firefox website and also you will be able to get the limits of the memory and I also agree with the above user comment.

If multiple windows and / or tabs open, each adds to the "single page" account. Therefore, if a page uses 12 MB, utilize a 4 MB, and the third, full of great graphics, it utilizes 80 MB; this would be similar to 96 MB in total. If the limit is set to 64 MB, only the current page in all three windows / tabs would be in RAM with the history of the previous pages authorization for all such windows. With multiple windows / tabs open, the window / tab with the longest history gets retired major inputs. If there is a tie, the one with the greater use of RAM is removed first. Still tied? Go to the tab order (left to right), since it has no chance of a draw. Thus, the length of browsing history stored in the memory is still as long as possible (although some users may prefer to have only the big stuff off first). GIMP also has a minimum allowable length of history. If the user puts 3 (decent default) and not less than three pages can be saved (current and 2 in advance) of RAM for each window (less if there have been at least 3 in the first place). Perhaps one can also be set up (10 would be a good default; dating back this far is very unlikely anyway). Do you get what I mean? Like this idea? May lend a hand remain memory usage down on low end budget systems with limited RAM (like 1 GB on Windows 7).

Firefox (from 4.0) based storage in the history of the free space available on disk. If running in private browsing mode or have permanently set to clear history and cache output, then it is saved when you close your browser. You can also set the minimum number of days of Firefox will store the browsing history (not related to the cache).

The more I see pages, more memory (RAM) uses Firefox as the Windows Task Manager. Even with a single window, if I enclose stay on many sites or looking for a place for a while, then the Firefox RAM usage gets too high.

If you use outlook, disable Firefox tabs are not in the set of assets (this could not have landed yet, but will in any v8 or v9). As close, that * should * finally erase the memory, but this does not happen immediately, because Firefox keeps active parts of the pages if you press the Back button. If you are seeing memory * not * delete then you probably have an extension causing this, the main culprit is Firebug, but others may.

Things like this come about in the mobile Firefox. If you get notifications of Firefox memory heaviness Android, to abandon the entire tabs accept the one that is active. Returning to the other, will have to stock up. People are willing to overlook how annoying it is a bit on a phone. I'm not sure on the desktop.

Would be quite annoying on the desktop, especially if you have an "app" that is running in the background, i.e., email, Facebook, etc