Thread: In Opera, new contacts are missing name.

In Opera, new contacts are missing name.

Friends, I am getting some problem related with the Opera and that is when I typed in an email address manually and then I selected opera to ADD this to my contacts as this does manually, and this seems to work properly if you reply to someone's email but the problem is that with this it only remembered the email address and not the name. and for that reason, when I have to send the email at that time I have to enter the whole email address. Is here anyone also having the same problem with this? I yes, then please reply me for this. And also if anyone have the suggestion about this then also reply me about that.

Re: In Opera, new contacts are missing name.

Hey for getting resolve your problem I am having suggestion about that. With me, when I composed a new message typed in Forename Surname<email@address.com> in the to field and sent the message. And after doing this all things contact with a name of Forename Surname with the address of the email@address.com was created and for that reason this works very fine for me. And for making sure about this I have also tested with the reply and when clicking the drop-down after that to the address in the to header of a received message and clicking "add contact". And with the help of this I add them to the contact, for you also I will tell you to use the same. I am sure that this will also help in your case. I this not then please reply me back about this.

Well I tried with this and there I get that this is working very fine for me also. I think that when I did, and I just reproduced it, was to first send them a message using ONLY the email address. And then after this, I done with the name also and there I get that the contact wasn't updated. What to do now?? What you will say about this. Even after trying with your suggestion I am facing this problem. Please reply me about this back.

Ok, I get the problem over here and this is the add new contact code probably recognizes that there's already a contact with that email address and aborts. And for this reason I will suggest you that if contact doesn't have a name set yet then I could see perhaps the contact's name being updated so that it has a name but here I am not sure that I you will need to keep changing the name. But try with this. I am not sure that this will help you to resolve your problem. And if after trying with this also you get the problem then reply here back. I will try to suggest you other suggestion.

Dude, thanks for suggesting me about the suggestion. I tried with this all but still I get the sme problem. Still iu am getting that new contacts are missing name. so can you please suggest me other suggestion to get resolve this problem.

But, I am also having this type of the problem and to get resolve this problem I have also searched on the so many of the other forums but there I found no any suggestion about this. After this when I reached to this forums at That time I get the similar problem over here and also I can see that the original user of that problem have resolve the problem after following the steps which are given in the above post. And for that reason only I also tried with this steps also but I found that this all are not helping for me. Can you please reply me the reason for this?? Why in my cause, I am still having the same problem even after trying with the all the steps??