Thread: Huge RAM eaten by safari after upgrading to Mac OS X Lion

Huge RAM eaten by safari after upgrading to Mac OS X Lion

Since I upgraded from Snow Leopard to Lion on my MacBook Pro 13 "(mid2009) I be able to perceive that after a while the laptop becomes slower and free memory falls. If I surf the web with Safari in all screen mode. Is superior than I am quiet, for the cause that the RAM is capable of burning through it. In my opinion, this is too tedious.

Is there any explanation? I do not think the problem is MacBook pro, for the reason that with the snow leopard was, extremely speedily after a month without a restart too

Re: Huge RAM eaten by safari after upgrading to Mac OS X Lion

I have two processes of Safari. Safari and web content. 5 tab open apex: Safari has 128 MB and 350 MB of web content safari in full screen mode in normal use after 2, 3 hours and so on, safari and safari has 140MB of web content that is able to increase up to 2 GB .I do not imagine the difficulty is the extension enabled. I have only Web 1Password and snapper

Quote Originally Posted by Rhesa View Post
    I have two processes of Safari. Safari and web content. 5 tab open apex: Safari has 128 MB and 350 MB of web content safari in full screen mode in normal use after 2, 3 hours and so on, safari and safari has 140MB of web content that is able to increase up to 2 GB .I do not imagine the difficulty is the extension enabled. I have only Web 1Password and snapper
    Have tried turning them off and see if they are?

These do not seem abnormal, and depending on the content of the five cards is not so outrageous that would have that amount of RAM that can be collected.

I have 2 GB allocated when I come to the limit when the Mac, without memory, tends to go too slow stucking. Then I have two possibilities: 1) reset all 2) close other applications and restart safari in the normal window size.

For the reason that it happened when upgrading, it would propose that the extensions cannot be completely compatible with Lion at the moment. Perhaps you just have to update. I would also suggest upgrading to 4 GB of RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suigetsu View Post
    For the reason that it happened when upgrading, it would propose that the extensions cannot be completely compatible with Lion at the moment. Perhaps you just have to update. I would also suggest upgrading to 4 GB of RAM.
    Of course there are automatic updates to them how they turned out the two extensions. i will be capable to say whether the proceedings will be superior

Otherwise, and has 4 GB of RAM. My MacBook Pro is 5.1, I imagine. The most recent CPU model is Core 2 Duo.

Yeah positive, nevertheless with the snow leopard that never had a trouble. Now that's adequate i open iTunes, Excel, Acrobat Pro, xcode (with no building codes) and Eye TV for an hour and boom! I’ll keep you informed about extensions.

the requirements for Mac OS X Lion has been beaten up to 2 GB as an alternative of only 1 GB so one might take for granted that this means that the lion has more RAM up to run.

Seems to be enhanced at this moment. Perhaps the difficulty is Web Snapper from 1Password has often updates.In occupied display with 5 tabs safari is 65 MB and 200 MB of web content safari. I will carry out a "stress test", perceptibly.