Thread: Request for a 64 bit OPERA

Request for a 64 bit OPERA

It seems to me that you may be also one of the people who are looking forward for 64bit version of opera. I have seen a thread in official opera forum discussing about 64bit OPERA Petition request. Does anyone think that the developers are on track of this? I really do not know why this 64bit version is for.

Re: Request for a 64 bit OPERA

I have the Version 11.50 alpha Build 1009 "in Debian Squeeze," and once installed it runs must determine how the fire department. Not bad this browser. Although I usually I recently was traveling with my Iceweasel 4.0.1 I will probably now use Opera more often again. There was a time when opera was with me always the priority.

The major trouble is the 64-bit browser cannot make use of 32-bit plug-ins, counting Flash, Adobe Reader, QuickTime and so on. Except these plug-in vendors offer 64-bit version of their plug-ins, a uncovered 64-bit browser is somewhat hopeless.

A look in Opera goes to Tools / More / Plug-ins betrays you, what plug-ins are installed ... and, just such under Help / About Opera finds the files and paths.

Otherwise, when you quickly determined under Settings / Edit site preferences ... the check mark in the opening window Site Settings tab content "Enable content blocking" set, which may not be as concrete.

Recently published the first beta version of Opera 9.50. Among the new Opera 9.50 is providing something that had been waiting some time: 64-bit UNIX systems. To install or upgrade the Opera browser on GNU / Linux, you must go to the download page, choose the manufacturer and distribution, packet size, location of the server from which to download and type in the HTTP or FTP. Personally I prefer because it is optimized to FTP file transfer, and then press the button "Download Opera".

To ensure that Opera remnants the most excellent alternative on your platform, opera developers expend numerous time building Opera feel further incorporated through your platform. Mac users can anticipate a nice latest visual look as well as feel. Opera designed for Linux will put in a QT4 build, therefore you can with no trouble correct the skin to bout with desktop. There will as well be 64-bit Linux/FreeBSD packages prepared on hand.

I had only installed Opera so many months ago, on windows, but I was only given a quick glance.

Unfortunately at the moment is only 32bit but "forcing" the deb I was able to use it and have not had any problems apart from the video plug-in.

For Flash, Java and Real player but I have not had major problems and I will explain a little bit between the steps.

However, there is the news that Opera 9.5, codenamed Kestrel, as well as several improvements and the use of Qt 4 (currently in Qt3) will be available for Linux and FreeBSD 64bit.

It's your Linux distribution's intend to not be capable to hold up together 32 as well as 64 bit apps in single installation. Windows XP 64bit does, therefore if you make use of Windows XP 64bit, you can at rest install and make use of 32-bit Opera in it.

Finally, I believe Opera Software ASA shall think on their present product line to actually build them the most excellent browser. There are at rest many desirable aspects not accessible in Opera. Build a 64-bit binary does not create the software still better; you have got to concur 64-bit IE does not thrash 32-bit Opera.