Thread: AOL keeps reloading

AOL keeps reloading

AOL 9 and 9.6 are my ISP. Recently, after connecting via aol, whenever I open another programme, or IE/Mozilla, the aol page clicks on and overlays the other programme/browser. It won't stop. If I try clicking off aol it reloads itself (like lightning, much faster than it usually opens when I want it
    to!)

Anyone else experiencing this? If you have any suggestions please ensure you mention whether or not you have actually experienced and solveds this same problem before.

thanks

bob

Re: AOL keeps reloading

I just got an email saying someone had replied to this post - where is the reply? I don't see it here.

This looks like malware issue on your system. Your browser might be hijacked. Scan your system in safe mode and change all your recent password. Spam mails are common. You can choose report as spam or simply move the folder in spam folder so that it goes directly to that place and deleted automatically. Do not click on any kind of links in such emails. They contain virus.

Thanks Aliyak. I keep my spam/virus software up to date, and have no apparent problems ; scans are done automatically every week. And it seems odd that aol would scam me?

Meantime, does anyone know who this curious person is who posted the message copied below? The email I got is copied, but her/his/its actual message isn't on this site. As a clue, English seems not to be this person's first language.
    .................................................................................................... ....

To: wordswort@yahoo.co.ukDear wordswort,

dorisliang has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - AOL keeps reloading - in the Operating Systems forum of TechArena Community.

This thread is located at:
    http://forums.techarena.in/operating...438255-new.htm

Here is the message that has just been posted:
    Never accurs such kind of problem~~