Thread: Opera fails to close PDF documents properly

Opera fails to close PDF documents properly

I am using the opera from the last one month and it don’t have or show any of the issue, but recently I have seen a bug in this browser whenever I open any of the PDF document by clicking the link for that it will open in the new Tab, and after I that when I try to close that PDF Document it doesn’t close. When I try several times to close that document even then also it won’t close so I’m not getting the issue for this. So if you guys have any of the information for this issue or bugs or you people have any of the suggestion for this then please do the reply. Any of the reply from your side will be appreciated.

Re: Opera fails to close PDF documents properly

According to, me this is not an issue or any of the error for the Opera, these closing and opening of the PDF document is totally depends on the type of the PDF reader you have install and making the use for the PDF document purpose. The main thing is that which plugin you are using and also what are the versions of the Opera browser you have install, since even I was having the same issue when I’m using PDF-XChange plugin so at that time I have seen that there are some of the delay take place while closing the PDF Document.

This type of the issue is there if you are using the Opera older version for the browsing, so you have to make the use of the Opera 12 pre-alpha. Because this is the new version for the Opera and these issue is fixed in this version of the Opera Browser. So finally if you want to overcome this issue then you have to install the Opera 12 pre-alpha in your System.

At starting even I was also having the same problems for closing the PDF document whenever I attempt to close the document it fail to close at that time and after some of the Time that document close so I have try several thing but not get the solution for this problems finally I have uninstall the Adobe Reader and install the latest version of the PDF-XChange and after that installation I have seen that the problems is no more exists. So whatever the reader you are using for the PDF File you just uninstall that and download the PDF-XChange from there official side and then install that in the System.

According to my suggestion you should try to make the use of the ‘Nitro PDF Reader’ since this is the best one for the PDF reader’s application and also it has the inbuilt browser plugin that provide the additional help for browser to open and to close any of the PDF File.

If the user is using the Opera older version then this type of the issue is there for this browser, so for that you have to use the new version for the Opera that is Opera 12 pre-alpha. And also this kind of issue is there if the PDF Reader is not updated from the long time so there is the requirement that you should update your PDF Reader so that it performs better and fully have access to any of the PDF Files. The best option is that there are several of the PDF Readers are there that have the good feature for opening and closing of the Server side PDF Pages. For example download the PDF-XChange application.