Thread: Do you think that Opera is still far too unstable on Mac OS!

Do you think that Opera is still far too unstable on Mac OS!

I m the old opera user, but recently I switched from Linux to OSX and I have seen that by switching from Linux to OSX Opera has been significantly less stable. Since I have seen that while using the Opera on the Mac OS the browser had crashes several times a day. So I don’t have that much of the information about this issue and also I don’t know why the program crash. And also I have seen that beside of having several features the opera performance for the Mac OS is still poor. So if you guys have the information about the opera performance or any other thing related to this topic then please do the reply for this.

Re: Do you think that Opera is still far too unstable on Mac OS!

According to me this is true that the performance of the opera browser is not that much of good for the Mac OS and also the Opera is unstable on this OS, so for that reason I have visited the official side for both and I have find that the opera teams are working on such issue to make the opera to performs best on such kind of the OS. They have said that they require some time to work on this type of issue for the Mac. So I can say that with the chances in the Opera they are trying to make the opera to work on this OS.

I have installed the Opera 11.51 on Mac OS Lion. And I have not seen any of the issue for the working of the Opera 11.51 on this Mac OS. So according to me if you have problems with this OS then there are some of the conflicts are there with another program.

You can make the use of the labs build of flash player "Square" and "Gala". Since these labs is used for the test 64bits and hardware acceleration. So according to my suggestion when you have upgrade for the stable releases the labs were there in the system and they are only responsible to crash the opera in the Mac OS. So whenever you get the crash for the Opera you have to do the following things to overcome these situation I have not try this but may it works for you so for that you have to delete some of the folder that are there in the Macromedia Flash Player. So if you have install the Opera v11, you can make the use of the flashplayer pref. and also you have to delete some of the cache and after that you have to restart your browsers.

Rajni Guest

If you are facing the crash problems for the Opera twice a day or more in your System. Then you can possibly restart the system at that point only. Because such issue will generated due to the connection speed for the internet and if restarted then no crash reports possible, ad also I want to inform you that even I am also using the same browser for the Linux and also I have used that Opera on the Windows 7 and I have seen that the opera is amazingly fast and stable. So I think that Opera needs some of the changes and the development for the Mac OS to make it stability better for these platforms.

There are no such issues you will find in the Opera 10.6.8 browser using on the Mac OS. And if you are using the latest version for the Opera then you have to wait for the Next release for the Opera browser because there they have all the possibility that the browser will work fine with the Mac OS.

Even I was also facing the same problems with this Opera browser for my System when I am using the Mac OS, so I have try several things to overcome thi8s situation but not get over to this problems but finally I have install the ‘Opera Next Alpha’ version and that’s work for my System very much well and without any of the crash. So if you have the same problems for crash of the Opera in your Mac, then you can uninstall the current Opera browser and install the Next Alpha and make the use of this version of the Opera browser, May it works for you.

Such issue arises if the users have updated the Flash player of the System, so for that just turn off plug-ins for Opera, since most of the time there is the problems with the Opera on Mac with plug-ins.

The main reason for this unstable for the Opera on the Mac OS s not due to the OS or due to the Browser supports. Since this is version defect that means the new version for the Opera is not working properly on this Operating System. So you can go for the new ‘Opera Alpha’ version since this Opera works fine on the Mac Operating System.