Thread: Firefox opens bing search in new tabs

Firefox opens bing search in new tabs

I have installed the firefox 3.5.8 on my computer and having a small problem with this. Whenever I open any new tab in the browser then it opens with the being search page. I don’t want that to be loaded at the start. I really do not want anything to be loaded when I open a new tab. I am not able to understand that how can I disable this. I will be really thankful to all if someone can provide me the method to do that.

re: Firefox opens bing search in new tabs

First of all, you should check that if this is happening in the safe mode as well. If that is the same for the safe mode then there might be some other problem with this but if there is no problem in the safe mode then I guess it is because of the extension or toolbar. I think that this is most probably be because of the SearchToolbar 1.2.

You might not be having the SearchToolbar rather you might have installed the stuff from Oberon Media and if you have done this then I would like to tell you that it can also add some extra things in the browser or can modify the settings. I am quite sure that it either installed a toolbar within Firefox otherwise hijacked your search settings into About:Config.

You will just require to remove the oberon toolbar if you are having that installed. To do that just go to Tools > Add-ons > Extensions and from there Remove oberon toolbar and then restart the firefox.

You just need to set the home page as blank and after that it will not open any of that when you open a new browser. Just go to tools from the top menu and select “Options”. This will open a new popup window from where you will have to delete the URL of homepage and save that. If you want to put some other site as your homepage then you can put the URL of that ove there and this will be changed to that URL.

If none of the solutions helps you then reinstalling the Mozilla Firefox is the only option for you.

Re: Firefox opens bing search in new tabs

I dont know that why do you dont like that. I really love the being.