Thread: Firefox message "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page"

Firefox message "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page"

I am using Firefox from a long time and never got any problem with that. But from last one week I found that this has started giving me the message as "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?" everytime I try to visit any of the website. Can somebody tell me that what is the problem with that and how can I eliminate that? I will be thankful for all the replies for this.

re: Firefox message "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page"

Hey, I have faced this issue earlier and the reason for this came out as the facebook gadget on igoogle. This was the culprit for the issue. I just removed that and it solved the issue for me. If you are having this on igoogle then just remove that and see if that can help you or not.

Just clear all your cookies as well as history from the browser and after that close the browser. Now start that again and try to browse some website and see if you are getting the same message again.

This looks like because of some security reason. You might have put the security level very high and because of that you are getting the issue like this. So what you can do is just go to the settings. I don’t know the exact place where the security settings can be found but if you look to the sections then you will surely get that. So do the desired changes and put the security level to a bit low. Save the changes that you have made and then browse the sites. I don’t think that this time you will get that issue again.

This may be because of some security software that you have installed in your computer and for that reason it is showing you that message. I am not very sure about this but if you want to make it sure then just disable the antivirus program from your computer and then see if that is showing you the same message or not. If the issue is because of the antivirus then disabling the antivirus will solve the issue. I am not saying this for sure but still there is some chances for this. So try this and let us know the results of that.

Are all the browsers are showing you the same result? If yes then this is not the problem with the browser and this is something else which is causing problem for you but if the problem is only with the firefox then reinstalling the firefox might help you with this. So, just uninstall the previously installed firefox and install that again. I hope this will be helpful to you.

Re: Firefox message "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page"

I really stop using this browser as I used to get this message. Now I am using Opera and that is working great for me. You should also switch to the same.

Re: Firefox message "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page"

What you can ldo is just reset the settings for the firefox to the default. This will reset all the things for the firefox and you will be out of the issue.