Thread: Due to high CPU time consumption, Firefox 7 freezes

Due to high CPU time consumption, Firefox 7 freezes

Hello everybody, recently I have upgraded from the firefox 6.02 to the new firefox 7. But after update I see that Firefox freezes whenever trying to display little bigger pages. And also at that time I also cannot pinpoint it more accurately. For resolving this, I have also tried with the flash and other plug-in deactivated but nothing helped me in my cause. And for that reason now I have switch back to the Firefox 6.01 and now all things are working very fine. Is there anyone having the suggestion about this problem?

Re: Due to high CPU time consumption, Firefox 7 freezes

Ok I got your problem over here. For resolving your problem I will suggest you to try with the starting Firefox in Mozilla Safe Mode. If this not helped in your cause then you should try with the creating a new profile and also test it with no extensions or non-default themes installed. If this all are not working in your cause, then I think that you will need to try with the following setting:
    • Tools > Options > Advanced > General Tab and uncheck the option to use Hardware Acceleration

Dude, thanks for your suggestion, I also tried in the safe mode and there I found that still having the same problem. Also I have tried with the all extensions and plug-ins deactivated, but it also not helped me in this cause. Any other suggestion about this??

I was also having something same problem as you are having, and for that I searched on the net. From there I get the suggestion about this and they told me to create the completely new Firefox profile. I tried with that and while trying with this all I found that my problem get resolve. So here, I will also suggest you the same. And for creating the profile you will need to execute firefox.exe –P. Try with this and reply me what happen after trying with this.

In this case, I think Firefox may require significant CPU resources to download, process and display Web content. Here, if you are experiencing periods of sustained use of the CPU when using Firefox, this article presents some options for review. The CPU is the brain of the computer. When the CPU is being used widely, the general action of the equipment may be affected. Depending on your operating system, you can review and monitor CPU usage through specific tools. I am telling you this all things because, I was also having this problem and to get resolve this, someone have suggested me about this suggestion. Try with this suggestion, I am sure that you will get help to resolve your problem.