Thread: In firefox 7, where is the View menu?

In firefox 7, where is the View menu?

Currently, I am using Firefox 7, and with this I am having some of the questions. For getting the proper answer about all the questions, I came here. I am sure that someone will really help me here, to get resolve all the problems over here. And the question is that when the menu toolbar is deactivated and the Firefox button is in the top left hand corner then at that time I can see that the View menu is not accessible. So can you please suggest me some way to access the View menu using the Firefox button? Please suggest me about this.

Re: In firefox 7, where is the View menu?

For that reason, I think that you will need to hit the Alt key from the keyboard and with the help of this you will be able to see the Menu Bar. Try with this, and reply me back if this not helped you to see the view menu.

I think that in this cause, I can also reactivate the menu toolbar, which continues to have the View pull-down menu on it. So for that reason, I know that from where to find it. I think that the orange Firefox button is supposed to be like a start button that gave you access to all of the menu commands. But here also let me tell you that without requiring a full toolbar's worth of space dedicated to providing that. I also think that Firefox button has most of the other menu commands accessible through it, I am just not getting understand here that why the View menu is not accessible in your cause.

If you are not getting the View menu then for that I think that you can also use the individual Menu add-on to add items such as the view menu to the Firefox button

Yeah, thank you very much dude. But still I think that it will be nice if this was one of the standard choices and you did not have to install an add-on to have this. Is her anyone have any other suggestion in this cause?

Rajni Guest

I think that, if the View button is not showing up then for this the reason is that their practice metrics testing showed that the View menu was not used by enough users to include it in the Firefox button menu. And also I can say that the Tools menu item there would be more important than the View menu item, and also adding the View menu item maybe is not going to happen, it is not in Firefox 10.a1.

Ok, I guess here that this thing is totally up to the developers. I was also searching for this and someone recommend me to use the add-on and he also told me that this will help me to add all of the top-level options included in the menu toolbar into the right column in the Firefox bar. And I tried with this, and also I can say that this suggestion is working ok for me. If you will not get the suggestion about this then for that, I will suggest you to use this add-on as I am using. Hope that this will help in your cause.

Let me tell you that View menu contains:
    • Toolbars >
    • Sidebars >
    • Stop
    • Reload
    • Zoom >
    • Page Style >
    • Character Encoding >
    • Full Screen

Firefox button contains:

• Web Developer > Character Encoding >
    • Options > (Toolbars)
    • Full Screen

Hey, if you are not getting the way to find the View menu in your Firefox then I think that you will try to think on it or else you should search for this the way to find out the ways for getting resolve your problem. I am telling this because, there are most of the people who are not completely one with their browser.

Hey dude, if you are using Windows 7 or Windows Vista, and has an orange button in Firefox, which is the most common purpose and puts them in a menu. Then for the short term show the old style menus, you need to press the Alt key. They have exposed at all times, you will have to right click an empty part of the tab bar and check the menu bar in the popup menu.