Thread: Firefox 3.6 got hijacked?

Firefox 3.6 got hijacked?

I am having some problems with the Google search results. And they're like when I click on one of the results, he said, the browser gets redirected elsewhere. Since the search bar is displayed briefly before landing blendersearch.com somewhere useless. But if I had to type the URL of the results directly, I can get well. and somehow something has taken over my browser. Can anyone tell me how I can fix this? In addition, out of curiosity, what is the mechanism behind this kidnapping? Can anyone know that the file that was the objective? Are there ways to prevent this from happening again? Please answer me again about this.

Re: Firefox 3.6 got hijacked?

First, I want to confirm if the suspect site install malicious software on your computer. To install and run these programs. Run consecutively, not simultaneously. If they cannot find or cannot be clear after one of these forums for specialized malware removal.

I have the same problem on my Windows 7 laptop. My searches Google, Yahoo and Bing are abducted Blendersearch.com. Aol.com my searches seem to work. Redirection occurs in both Firefox and IE8. I upgraded to the latest version of Firefox, and still the problem. I ran up to date versions of everything imaginable, but no luck. I ran HijackThis, but did not know what to remove, so I quit. AdAware has been crashing. Update Adobe does not help, either. The only thing that has helped at all, was the SpyBot immunization, but only temporarily fixed. Any suggestions?

I think that this is not much time to run the application and present the results. I believe this is happening in your case, this is just because your computer must be infected. First you need to ensure this.

I think my paranoid attitude towards the network has kept me clean of any malware material from day one of using a PC. Among Avast, taking care to visit me in the network, using tools like WOT, and of course, I have the internal security control ON, that come with Firefox, script blocking things, current Firewall, etc, etc, etc. Never I had a problem. Not telling the OP is in this category, but it seems that the users not to keep updated material on your computer and download / install anything out there, more simply navigate through the world, Net-with confidence creates its own problems. It's like they keep their doors and windows open at home or take a walk around town everybody believing that it is a safe city. It seems the wrong way of looking at things.

That does not always work. 3 years ago, I have a virus on the job by clicking on a site that looked like an Oracle reference website. Oracle I was teaching, and the site seemed legitimate. In retrospect, the only thing that could have given was that it was a Turkish website, not a com., But that should not be a sufficient reason. I have the virus simply by clicking on the site. I did not try to install anything, and I suppose that network administrators maintain a secure and updated. A couple of hours, I did a system restore from before arriving at BlenderSearch kidnapper. I can let everyone know later if this did the trick. I have more testing to do.

Now I have Malwarebytes and ran after it and erased all the bad that detects, everything seems fine. But only for a short period of time. Then he ran again, but did not detect anything. I have Nod32 and also does not remove the spyware. I'm thinking if I were to install similar programs should not cause any problems?

If you still facing the same problem then I think that, for resolving this you will need to visit at the specialized crap removal sites. I am also using the same application and with this I am not having any suggestion with this.

Friends, I tried with the running GooredFix and after this I found that it seems to have solved my problem. And when I checked the log, at that time I found that, I have deleted a few folders which are as:
    • Deleting "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\cookq4rt.default\ext ensions\{3a27f069-7687-4eb9-bd9e-e05d5b79d0f1}" -> Success!
    • Deleting "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\t3fze837.default\ext ensions\{3a27f069-7687-4eb9-bd9e-e05d5b79d0f1}" -> Success!
    Can here anyone tell me that, what are the functions of this all folders?

Hey dude, I was having this problem after paying a visit to a hacked link, and for resolving this I tried different anti-malware programs but nothing worked. I think manual removal should be the way out. And also I found there this thread on Google and I will keep following the issue. I came here in the hope that someone will suggest me to removal about this problem but here I am not getting any suggestion related with that. I hope that someone will give me the suggestion about the manual removal about this.

Hey all, thanks for replying about my topic. Only after coming here I get the suggestion about this, before coming here, I have also searched about this on so many of the other forums and from there I get no any good suggestion about this problem. Thanks for the help. While trying with this all, if I get the problem then I will reply here for the more help on this problem.