Thread: Ideal cache size for Firefox

Ideal cache size for Firefox

Hey all, can here anyone suggest me that what will be the good cache size rule for Firefox? I am not asking only for the fast lookup, but also for the fast cleanup. I am asking you this thing because, recently I have just deleted a site from my cache using the option that is Forget about this site and while doing this thing I noticed that it literally took 10 minutes to cleanup. Subsequent sites took only a split second to cleanup after this. So I want to optimize for something that won't take more than a few seconds to start through the whole history to delete. Is here anyone have the good suggestion about this then please reply me back about this.

Re: Ideal cache size for Firefox

I will suggest you for this reason, the ideal cache size for the Firefox will be 50 - 150 Mb and also no more and not less. I am using 75MB, and it works very fine for my cause.

After following your suggestion, I tried with that and there I found that it is working very fine for me. I cleared my cache and set it to 75Mb. After a day of browsing around to the sites I frequent the most, it's reached as following:
    • Number of entries: 4479
    • Maximum storage size: 76800 KB
    • Storage in use: 50931 KB

and for that reason, I suppose I should be a little more than is needed to keep the sites you use most. There really is no reason to store the contents of a web site that rarely visit. I guess these sites are dismissed at the end of the newest content caching comes in. I guess that is optimized for the most visited in the cache and access to at least be the first to go.

I would also like to say here that, the most favorites sites change contents every day like all web so for that reason I think that the it is a good thing clear the cache from time to time. I am also doing this thing and all things are working very fine.

Rajni Guest

Dude, I am having a cache of 1GB, but here but my usage patterns are completely different, generally involving sites with a multitude of higher images. And also let me tell you that I usually go through 75MB of images in less than half an hour of browsing.

In my case, when I'm trying to erase the cache at that time only takes 5 minutes. I had put 250 MB for a while and I would not have the script to appear unresponsive when trying to erase the cache, as it would take a long time. I think it all depends on your surfing behavior and connection speed. And some sites go as fast now as in the cache or not.

Even after I have tried with the all the suggestion but still I am facing the login problem related with the Firefox. For resolving this I have also tried with the upgrading a version of Firefox but no any help in my cause. I got in the habit of clearing the cache, cookies, and so on with each browser version update. But still no any good result in this cause. I have found no motivation to clear my cache these past years I have been browsing the internet, but for troubleshooting cause.

Hi all thanks for replying me about my problem. I will try with all the suggestion which you have suggested me here and after that, I found the some information about the ideal cache size about this. Thanks again for this.