Thread: On Google toolbar not able to sign into bookmarks.

On Google toolbar not able to sign into bookmarks.

Yesterday I face the sign in problem with the bookmarks on Google toolbar. And this problem occurs when I click the bookmark button on the Google toolbar and there I asked to sign in to access my bookmarks. But at that time I can see that I am not able to sign in via the pop up and I am already signed into Google. For resolving this problem I have also tried with the rebooting the computer, cleared my cache and also signed out and back into Google but still of no use. Is there anyone who is having the fix about this? What can I do to sign into bookmarks on Google toolbar? Please reply me back about this.

Rajni Guest

Re: On Google toolbar not able to sign into bookmarks.

For that reason I am thinking that you will need to go at editing the extension yourself, unless some kind sole does it for you, I am not having the more knowledge about this toolbar but I am sure that there are other extensions that replace its functionality. Try with this, hope that this will help you to resolve your problem.

Hey dude, I am also having the same problem, and I start getting this problem when I I downloaded Firefox 6. For getting work Google toolbar, I have also tried with the downloading the compatibility plug in. and yes this help it to work fine for the last few days but suddenly I could not log in to the toolbar anymore. So for that reason I uninstalled Firefox and also I uninstalled the Google toolbar and then reinstalled them both. But still I am not able to sign in to use my bookmarks. Any suggestion for this also?

I think that you are facing this problem only because of Google discontinuing support for Google Toolbar for Firefox. I am telling you this because, before few weeks I heard that the Google announced that they are discontinuing all Firefox support and this also might be the cause in your problem. So first make sure with this and after this try with your process.

Recently, I have upgraded to the Mozilla 6 and there I found that I am facing the same problem related with this. And the problem was same as the original user was facing the problem. For that reason, I have uninstalled the latest version and switch back to the 3.6.22. but there also I see that I cannot sing in. and for resolving the problem I tried with the settings which are as:
    I opened it with Notepad. Use the File/Replace option, and then save. Restart Firefox.
    For your cause, I will say to do the same. And after this reply here back about the result.

I am having the suggestion about this and which are as:

C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<profile id>.default\extensions\<{a bunch of letters and numbers}>
    If you have lots of extensions to firefox then you will have many <{a bunch of letters and numbers}> directories to explore before finding the Google Toolbar extension directory. And there you will find the file inside that directory named "install.rdf".
    And after this Edit that file and replace:
    • <em:maxVersion>4.0.*</em:maxVersion>

with
    • <em:maxVersion>8.0.*</em:maxVersion>

that will keep FF from telling you the Google Toolbar is not compatible.
    • Go inside the "lib" directory and you will see the toolbar.js file.
    • Open up toolbar.js with a decent editor.
    • And after this replace ALL with:
    • accounts.google.com

And then restart Firefox 6 and Login through the toolbar. At this time I am sure that you will be able to resolve our sign in problem.

According to me Google is doing a lot of changes and will certainly break it again in a different way. If your browsing knowledge need the Google toolbar then you should consider to using the new Chrome for this reason.

Ok friends, now I came to know that why were I facing problem related with the notable to sign in bookmarks on Google toolbar. Now, I will try with the suggestion which is suggested above and there, if I get some problem then for that, I will reply here back. Thanks a lot again for telling me about this all things.