Thread: Firefox 7 cause 100% CPU usage periodically

Firefox 7 cause 100% CPU usage periodically

Hi all, I am having the 4 physical cores with 2 threads each and for that reason basically 8 cores far as Windows is concerned. And also recently I have also installed the Firefox 7, but when I am trying to use this Firefox 7 at that time I can see that it start giving so many of the problems like after every seconds it will hang responding to no input, display not refreshing and also so many other problem with this. And when I checked CPU usage at that time it shows that it is using 12.5% on one entire core. For resolving this, the only solution is to restart the browser, and this of course only fixes things temporarily. And this all things happen so many of the times when I am trying to sue the browser. So in this cause is there any suggestion about that? Please suggest me about this.

Re: Firefox 7 cause 100% CPU usage periodically

For that reason I will suggest you to try with the starting Firefox in Mozilla Safe Mode, hope this will help you to reduce the memory usage. And also if you still get the same problem then you will need to try with creating a new profile and test it with no extensions or non-default themes installed. If after trying with this also, you get the same problem then reply here back, I will suggest you other suggestion to get resolve this problem.

Dude, I am also having the problem, and still the beta of Firefox 7 making it unusable. For that reason, now I have decided to switch to Chrome. And for resolving the problem I have also tried with the stable version but at that time also I face the same problem. Also I have tried with the deleting the profiles and using the other plugins with this but still the problem exists. For that reason, now I am thinking that the Firefox begin to eat CPU when he try to access a page where the server takes time to answer. Is there anyone else who is having the suggestion about this problem?

Rajni Guest

I think that this is not the problem only related with the Firefox only. I have seen that happening when I use a wireless connection which is not very healthy or when is overloaded with traffic, but this same problem exist when I am trying with the other browsers also.

Yesterday, I see that the Firefox automatically updated me from 6 to 7. And after this update I see that browsing was impossible. And when I am trying to open the browser at that time I can see that it usages the 100% CPU. And I can also see that there are so many of the other users of the Firefox 7 that they are facing the same problem. And for that reason, I reinstalled 6 and stopped automatic updates, and now I can see that all things are working very fine with this.

If you all people are facing the problem with the Firefox7 then for that reason I will suggest you to try with the Firefox 6 only, not with the version 7. And also when you face this 100% usage problem at that time you can also tried the Task Manager to kill the Firefox process.

I am using wireless connection and with this I am using Firefox 7 and I can say that I am not having any problem related with this.

I am also using the Firefox 7 form the last week and with this I am not having any problems relayed with the memory usage. If you are facing the problem of 100% CPU usages then for that reason I will suggest you to work with the better memory management, hope that this will help you.

Dude, I also tried with the better memory management but still facing the same problem. So for that reason I am thinking to get back to the previous version of the Firefox, because with that I was not having the problem related with this.