Thread: Will yahoo effect the Page rank?

Will yahoo effect the Page rank?

Well I am bit confused about the thing page rank and hence I have decided to discuss with the users of this particular forum. Can you tell me whether Yahoo will take effect on the page rank? I am hoping that the users of this particular forum will help me out to get the useful information about the thing which I have asked over here.

Re: Will yahoo effect the Page rank?

I wanted to tell you that there is no association of Page rank with Yahoo at all. Actually it is developed by the Google and it is belongs to Google only. So I am wondering that you are misunderstanding the entire thing.
    However I am wondering that Yahoo might have there own algorithm to check the status of the sites of yours. But it is already mentioned couple of times that the page rank algorithm is used by the Google to calculate the PR of the sites.

Well I agree with the thing which you have stated over here is that the Page rank is belongs to Google only. However I wanted to tell you that Yahoo is using the webrank and it is same as the Page rank of the Google. According to me it is possible to rank well in Yahoo but not rank well for the same thing in the Google. Page rank is used to boost the organic search engine placement of the website of yours. Os that you can get the inbound link to the home page of your site with the high page rank.
    In case if you are supposed to see the Page rank of the site than you have to get the Google Toolbar. You should download from the Google and install the same on IE or FF what ever you are using. You have to hover the mouse on the icon to view the PR of the site.

I would like to share something regarding Yahoo Webrank. It is a rank assigned to the URL by yahoo in the range of 01-10. It is introduced into the Beta feature of the yahoo toolbar and it was no longer available a part of the toolbar.