Thread: How DNS affects on a website

How DNS affects on a website

Can anyone easily explain me what DNS is and how it is outcome the websites in addition to visitors. Is there anything I need to do with that? I am completely a newbie here and I don’t have any additional information other than some knowledge from books are articles on the internet. So I am looking for a genuine feedback on DNS.

Re: How DNS affects on a website

The DNS only the time involved in establishing the connection between two servers. When the browser takes a long time to find a website is usually either because our primary DNS is down or for some reason has a very slow response time. The DNS does not affect while transmitting information, such as when a file is downloading from a website. Therefore, to improve DNS good browsing speeds, but not the transfer.

Query external DNS request is only a few milliseconds, and is thus negligible.

If the DNS in the DNS cache on your PC, the site will immediately be loaded or you win a few milliseconds that the surfer will not really notice.

And registrars who simply want to run sales course some go there quite often with the head.

No, the DNS of a site does not affect the speed of the site. This is because the DNS settings are buffered at each individual provider, and the host of the domain has no influence there. However, the farmer per domain cares how long it takes to be updated DNS data. It is often the case that the larger ISPs domain farmers often refresh the DNS data, despite the TTL you set. With my provider, changes in TransIP always within 5 minutes gefixt while domain names to other providers, such as stratospheric, sometimes a few hours, while the TTL on stratospheric 6 hours in my state and TransIP on one day.

The DNS cache process almost completely from the root servers will not make a any difference. If you own two dedicated you can do that yes. But it must be for the best that both servers are physically located in different places, which are why; in general, few people can manage or even all of their DNS.