Thread: Skype not working with Windows Developer Preview build 8102

Skype not working with Windows Developer Preview build 8102

I recently installed Windows Developer Preview build 8102 M3 onto my laptop and now I want to install skype application on it. Can anybody help me to do this installation task? I already try this but it gives problem. It crashed at each time onto this WDP beta version of Windows 8. Thanks in advance for solution.

Re: Skype not working with Windows Developer Preview build 8102

You may need to uninstall first before going to a newer/older msi version for Skype. For doing this task on your system you need to first login account as a administrator. Then logon to this admin account and then do the uninstall skype crashed program onto it. This will be helpful to you and then reboot your system. After that you need to perform the downloading task using proper link. And follow the installation instructions to install skype application on this WDP system. This installation works to access such skype application and which provides you the free video calling makes it easy to be together, even when you're not

To completely uninstall previously crashed skype application first you need to close Skype. Then go to run window and type “%appdata%\Skype” and click OK. It opens the skype setup folder of inside the system folder. Then you need to remove this all the previously installed skype application and reboot system. The next step is to be downloading and install the correct setup file on this system. It fixes your problem.

I also faced the similar type of problem and that time when I try to download this application then I got the downloading failure message. Hence I just disable the firewall program of this system. Then again I start this downloading task. It works and finally I was able to do this download process on my windows developer preview beta version OS.

If you already install this skype application on your system and still it crashed, then remember one thing. It only actually works if you run it from the start screen, if you run it from the desktop it crashes on sign-in. hence you need to choose the skype program file on to the start menu. Then it works on WDP for login correctly.

I never use skype application on my WDP system. Facebook video chat works without a flaw! We have seen a lot of Windows 8 Demo's over the past few weeks after the build conference and they also mentioned that the facebook is the best option over this beta version. This is the inbuilt application version of the windows 8. Hence I suggest to you for if you want to do video chat then you can also use this facebook application instead of skype.

The automatically downloaded skype 5.3.0.120 crashes every time I tried to log in, on windows 8 Developer Preview build 8102. Hence I decided to remove this application completely onto this system. Then I try reinstallation of skype on this system. This time I take the help of the clean installation process. Also I do the firewall security program disable task on it. it helps to me to perform this installation task on proper manner. Finally I was able to do this task. You can also try this clean installation.

I try this clean installation as per your suggestions and it also work on my windows development preview system. You can also try such thing and check that what happen onto it. in case you are not planning on trying it out for yourself or your download is taking ages then you need to contact the official site expert person. The expert help to you for fix this issue.