Thread: skype 5.6 won't connect to internet

skype 5.6 won't connect to internet

HI, since I have upgraded my skype’s version from 5.3 to 5.6 it just won’t connect to internet, I have tried so much and for many times but still the same problem occur. Is there anybody here having problem with this version or I am the only victim? I am not even able to figure out what could be the problem. Anyways any suggestion would be esteemed.

Re: skype 5.6 won't connect to internet

Are you sure that you have downloaded the perfect version of skype in your machine? Because see it is always recommended as you should get the newer version from their official website only rather than any other website, thus first of all make sure you have downloaded the software from legitimate site. And if not then you should try to get it from there only.

pretty much agrees with the above user, but along with that make sure you have active internet connection. Because if there is some problem with the internet connection itself then whatever you do with the newer version but you’ll not be able to connect it however.

Is all other software or simply other chat clients are working perfectly? In fact you can have another option as well like whichever version you have downloaded from the internet you can try to run it on another machine as well. Along with that you should also make sure while downloading the version as it is simply compatible with the operating system you have installed.

I am also having problem with the version you have mention in my windows 7 and I think this not intended for this operating system. And that’s why if you really want to use this software then according to me you should get the previous version again in your machine and try to work with that version only.

While installing any software in the machine no matter whichever it is but at that time you should always make sure as you have uninstalled the previous version first from your machine and then only download another one and then install it in your computer. Most of the people make mistakes over here only and that’s they got such a problem with software, thus if you have downloaded the software in your machine, but before installing that delete the previous one, apart from this if possible try to delete all the cache and registry history as well from your machine and then clean install the software.

But I used to install any newer version by updating the previous software only rather than downloading the setup file again, thus if you wanted to make use of latest version than install the previous version first and then update to the latest version from the software itself.

I think you should try to get the setup again for your machine and reinstall that in your machine, see I have posted the Link from where you can download the skype 5.6.0.110.