Thread: Failed to Replay Voicemail in Skype

Failed to Replay Voicemail in Skype

I have perused the gatherings and support. I found my Skype voicemail files on a Windows 7 machine at: C:\Users\[WINDOWS USER]Rob\AppData\Roaming\Skype\[SKYPE USERNAME]\voicemail. These are .DAT documents as I reckoned. What I cannot decipher is the way to play them back! I am able to see the voicemails in Skype but cannot replay them. I've attempted keeping company with Skype and WMP but no files will play. Any assistance over there?

Rajni Guest

Re: Failed to Replay Voicemail in Skype

These files are an internal version which is not available. Utilizing the Main Skype window please do: View-> Voicemail Messages. Right click on the Voice Mails being referred to, one around then and prefer, "Send Voicemail".

Utilizing version 5.3.32.111, in the Skype window, I chose "View" "Voicemail Messages". I headed off to the message I need replay (affirming that the .DAT file exists simultaneously) and a right click makes a point not to indicate the choice "Send Voicemail".

Just have a Glance over the below options:
    • Call
    • Send SMS Message
    • View Profile
    • Edit Contact
    • Mark as Read - greyed out
    • Block
    • Add to Contacts
    • View Old Messages
    • Hide Conversation

It would be ideal if you install the beta version, try not to uninstall what you have first: You are able to install the present beta release by doing this from the top of this page: Get Skype-> Windows-> Choose the beta release. Downloaded Beta then Start the application right when the download and fix. Right click returns exact same decisions as at one time described.

When you right click on these voicemails, is there a "Mark As Unread" or a "Mark as Unplayed" choice, if thus, please select it, then right click again, do you see a send choice or a play alternative thereafter.

You need not right click but just select. In the chat window you will see a part with the voice send icon. Since anything is need for this specific version, you will moreover have a “Play” button at the right of this voicemail message. Press this button and the message will play. This is the way this works for me.

When I select "View Voicemail Messages" none of the choices show up as you’re both suspected. When be that as it may I uninstalled the "View Voicemail Messages" sift, the ordinary call dialog box with playback alternative shows up. I then basically select the memo, prod play button and the content is played back. I attempted the filter again and I am able to sift and utilize for voicemail replay typically. I feel that the filter was "stuck" between the old version and new version being installed.

On the DAT voicemessage files, being that you express SKYPE utilizes its particular interior arranging and cannot be played on a general media play, is the emulating good to go: There are many sites online where a .doc file might be changed over to a .pdf or .wav file to a .mp3 file. Once history is cleared on SKYPE from the instruments alternatives the voicemails are gone from the aplet but every last trace of them on account of you started utilizing SKYPE remain in the registry noted in this string. The same has an association with the sum total of your call data but in a unexpected sub directory.