Thread: My Skype menu bar is missing

My Skype menu bar is missing

Does any individual know where the menu bar may be hiding? I actually downloaded Skype, but there's no menu bar to demonstrate to me where to choose Contacts, etc. It would be ideal if you assist me at the nearest conceivable opportunity.

Re: My Skype menu bar is missing

Have you as a matter of fact installed a Skype client yet and logged on? Since you are utilizing Windows, Try introducing the beta version utilizing the guidelines underneath: If you possess the ordinary Skype version instated, please instate the beta version, provided that you hold the beta version installed please instate the standard version from Skype website, satisfy make a point not to evacuate the present Skype installation, instate over it. You could probably install the present release or the Current beta release by doing this from the top of this page.

Get Skype-> Windows-> Choose the ordinary or beta release, please make a point not to uninstall what you even now have installed, basically, introduce over. It is the speediest thing to attempt to resolution issues for example this.

I am likewise having a menu bar situation. I've seen your screen shot. None of the alternatives are visible. My menu bar basically vanished. I possess no Skype, Contacts, Call, View, Tools, and whatnot. Where did they go?

• If you don't mind stop any and all running Skype Client systems on your framework.
    • Utilizing your Windows Control Panel Add/Remove Programs uninstall Skype, when provoked to recovery your history, decide on yes.
    • Utilizing Windows File Explorer ("What you utilize to see documents with") do:
    • %appdata%\skype
    • Since you spot a file called shared.xml right click on it and choose erase.
    • Since you see an organizer for the Skype name being referred to, click on it, in the event that you see a document called Config.xml right click on it and prefer erase.
    • Utilizing the Windows document Explore drop in:
    • %programfiles%
    • Right click on the Skype organizer and choose erase.

I've got Windows XP, about four years old, running on a Dell laptop. I've uninstalled Skype from Add/Remove Programs now four times, cleaned the file folders of all Skype organizers and documents, reinstalled Skype's most current beta version, and every last time I try not to have my device bar. It is entirely disappointing. No Tools, Contacts, nothing, simply the alternate Skype sheets. I'm visiting the United States and paid for a 1 gigabyte AT&T Internet access card. Each and every Skype download is fetching me about 2%, so now I've utilized up over 8% of that card just on downloading Skype.

Try to reset Internet Explorer to its default settings (paying little mind to the network program you set as default). Moreover clear cache; erase temp virtual world files, searching history, and so on. You are able to additionally attempt to disable/remove unused or plausibly adulterated web voyager join-ons or plugins. Then perversion a complete Skype uninstall.

I have reinstalled Skype twice on my computer. I have a Toshiba Satellite p105-s6104 laptop and run a Logitech webcam with assembled-in microphone. It works fine on skype but the mic tries not to. I needed to adjust the settings but found no menu bar show.

I made what you inferred but the effect is still the same: no menu bar. I'm utilizing windows XP, with most cutting edge updates on laptop dell scope. Nevertheless, I don't know depending on if I possess all "upgrades to any hardware devices ".

I've uninstalled and reinstalled such a large number of times over the final some weeks my cerebrum is dead. Additionally I've manually erased stuff, cleaned the registry and whatnot but nothing has worked. I'm a paying client with an animated file and every last trace of the support we are able to get is from someone who makes a point not to work for Skype inferring the same thing over and over again.

There is a brand new version that is 5.6.0.110 to check what version you have, utilizing the primary Skype client window please do: Help-> About Skype. Note: There is moreover a update release for 5.5 assuming that you feel the need to utilize it as a substitute 5.5.0.124 released besides, same date.

I have the same problem where I can not find the menu bar for my Skype application. However, I am using Macpro and hence the Apple's version.

Can someone set me straight on how to receive the menu bar?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by NJFan View Post
    I have the same problem where I can not find the menu bar for my Skype application. However, I am using Macpro and hence the Apple's version.

Can someone set me straight on how to receive the menu bar?
    Can you confirm that you have downloaded and installed the Skype application itself? Skype calls are made from the application, not from the website. If you've installed Skype, clicking on the 'Add Contact' button will get you where you want to be. I think that in this case, it's Skype->Preferences->Chats. The option is on the bottom.