Thread: Cannot send instant message from Skype

Cannot send instant message from Skype

I have Dell laptop and I have recently updated the Skype in my laptop and avert updating the Skype it has started giving me problems. In Skype messenger whenever I try to send the IM at that time it keeps showing the processing message. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

Re: Cannot send instant message from Skype

You have to solve this problem by trying this solution. First open the control panel in your laptop and after opening the control panel in your laptop you have to select the Skype and then click on the uninstall button and after clicking on the uninstall button you have to select yes option if it prompt for the save history. now after that you have to go to the application data folder and then you have to open the Skype folder and after opening the Skype folder you have to look for the a file called shared.xml and then you have to delete that file.

After that you have to go to the program files folder and then you have to delete the Skype folder and after deleting the Skype folder you have to install the Skype again and then check whether it makes any difference or not.

if you are facing the same problem after trying the above solution then you have to right click on the Skype icon in your laptop and then you have to make sure that whether compatibility mode enabled or not. if it is enabled then you have to disable it and after disabling the computability mode you have to check whether same problem is coming or not. I think after trying that your problem will get solved.

I have uninstalled the Skype from my laptop and after that I have also followed the steps which you have suggested but after that also I was having the same problem and after that I have also checked about the compatibility in my laptop and it was also disabled. now please tell me what should I do to solve this issue?

as you have motioned that by trying the above solution you are still facing the same problem then you have to first download the latest version of the Skype from the internet and after that you have to uninstall the old version of the Skype from your system which is currently installed in your system and after that you have to restart the system and then you have to install the new version and then check whether it makes any difference or not.
    I think this will be helpful for you.

If you want to download the latest Skype for your laptop then you have to click here DOWNLOAD and after clicking on the downed you have to sign in to your account and then you have to download the Skype and then install it in your system.

well installing the new version of the Skype in my laptop has solve the problem and now I am not facing any problem with instant messages in Skype browser. I really appreciate your help.