Thread: Contact list disappeared from the Skype

Contact list disappeared from the Skype

I am using Skype messenger in my computer and it was working flawlessly and suddenly it has encountered one problem. in the Skype messenger contact list is disappeared. I don’t know what went wrong but this problem is really frustrating for me.

If anyone has solution regarding this then please let me know.

Re: Contact list disappeared from the Skype

If you are using windows 7 operating system in your computer then you have to make sure that compatibility mode is not enabled. many times if the Skype is running in the compatibility mode then at that time this type of issue can occurs.

Yes I will also suggest you the same if the compatibility mode is enabled thane there is a possibility of this type of the issue. you can fix this issue by disabling the compatibility mode. if you don’t know about how to disable the compatibility mode then you have to go though the steps which is mentioned below.

• First you have to locate the Skype icon on the desktop.
    • After that you have to right click on the Skype icon.
    • After that you have to sleet the properties.
    • After selecting the properties you have to click on the compatibility tab.
    • Now once you have selected the compatibility tab then you have to see their whether compatibility mode is selected or not.
    • If compatibility mode is selected then you have to change it and disable it.
    • After that you have to check whether your problem gets solved or not.

Well if you are using window Xp in your computer then you have to makes sure that "Automatically detect settings" option is checked but before that you have reset the internet explorer in your computer and after resetting the internet explorer in your computer you have to launch the Skype browser again. after that check whether same problem is coming or not.

If you want to reset the internet explorer then you have to do according to below given steps.

• Open internet explorer.
    • Go to tools and select internet options.
    • Select the advance tab.
    • Click on the reset button.
    • Restart the browser.

After that you have to again click on the tools menu and after that you have to internet option and then you have to click on the connection tab and then you have to check the "Automatically detect settings" option and then click on ok. after that start the Skype browser again and the check whether it makes any difference or not.

I was also facing the same issue and after that I have also tried to solve this problem by resetting the internet explorer and then I have checked the "Automatically detect settings" in connection tab and then when I start the Skype browser at that time it worked fine.

I think it will be helpful for you also and you should also try this. if you need any more help regarding this then let me know.

I have first tried to run checked about the compatibility issue in my system with Skype but there compatibility mode was disabled and then I have l reset the internet explorer browser in my computer and after resetting the internet explorer browser I have also change the connection setting as you have mentioned but after trying that also I was facing the same problem with my system.

is there any other way to get rid of this issue?

I have gone through your problem and I think problem is with the Skype messenger in your computer. I will suggest you to firsdt go to the control panel and then you have to open the ad and remove programs and then you have to select the Skype. After that uninstall the Skype. After that you have to restart the computer and after restarting the computer you have to open install the Skype messenger again in your computer and after installing the Skype messenger again you have to check whether same problem is coming or not.

You should also try to solve this problem by upgrading the Skype messenger with BETA version in your computer and after upgrading with the Beta version you have to check whether it makes any difference or not. I think after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

If want to get the Skype beta version from the internet then you have to follow this instructions.

You have to first visit the official site of the Skype messenger and then you have to click on the get Skype option there. Now after that you have to select the windows option and then you have to select the beta version and after selecting the beta version you have to download it. Now you have to install it in your system and then you have to check whether problem gets solved or not.

I have reinstalled the Skype in my computer and after reinstalling the Skype in my computer also I was facing the same problem and then I have downloaded the Beta version as you have mentioned in your solution and then I have installed it in my computer and after installing the beta version all the things started working properly.