Thread: How to remove Babylon search in internet explorer

How to remove Babylon search in internet explorer

I have recently installed Windows 7 on my computer and also have updated Internet Explorer browser to the latest one. I was surfing the internet and after sometime I realized that Babylon Search hijacked my computer totally and now I am not able to remove it from my computer. I have checked in the Uninstall a Program area but it is not listed there? Where can I find it, so that I can get rid of this Babylon search from my pc? Thanks

Re: How to remove Babylon search in internet explorer

I think that even if you uninstall that software from Internet Explorer it will still let Babylon search as the default website for new tabs in the same browser. I was not able to find it in any menu of Internet Explorer browser but I was able to change it in the Windows Registry, which you can also try. Click on Start and then in search type regedit and then search for the registry key - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\About URLs\Tabs. Now try to change the entry that points to Babylon search to the one that you want to, like google, bing, etc.

To remove Babylon Search from Internet Explorer, first open the same browser and then click on the Tools icon. After that choose Manage Add-ons and then select Search Providers. Now you need to set your Search Engine to whatever you want, like google, bing, etc. You can also try to select Search the Web (Babylon) and then click the Remove button to uninstall it. Now go to the General tab and in the Home Page area, insert any URL that you want or leave it blank. Click ok to save changes in the end.

I was facing this similar issue with the babylon search and cannot get any information through regedit since I am on a work computer with only limited rights. But I found another way that worked for me. All we need to do is open Internet Explorer and go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced and then reset the browser settings which is at the bottom of the tab. After doing this Babylon will not pop up any more in your browser.