Thread: Kaspersky Internet security 2012 cannot update its definition

Kaspersky Internet security 2012 cannot update its definition

Hi, I am using Kaspersky Internet security 2012 in my machine but the thing is like I am not able to update its virus definition however from the website. As I am continuously getting error with the connection.

The very important thing that I would like to tell you that I am doing this for the first time thus I am not sure whether I am doing all the things perfectly or not, or it might be possible that I am doing any mistake while updating the software, thus it would be better it someone suggest me stepwise procedure to update it.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Re: Kaspersky Internet security 2012 cannot update its definition

see don’t know what trouble you are exactly having in your machine while updating, thus it is quite difficult to assist you, thus can you please mention the LOGS from your machine, so that I can understand the problem and would recommend you some perfect solution for the same.

once I was also having the same problem while updating the software, and after searching the internet I came to know about the script that I have mentioned below, and would suggest you to run it.

Code:
    begin
    SetAVZPMStatus(True);
    SetAVZGuardStatus(True);
    SearchRootkit(true, true);
    QuarantineFile('C:\Windows\Jlasea.exe','');
    QuarantineFile('C:\Users\Joreti\AppData\Local\Temp\Jjf.exe','');
    StopService('KMService');
    DeleteService('KMService');
    QuarantineFile('C:\Windows\system32\srvany.exe','');
    DeleteFile('C:\Windows\system32\srvany.exe');
    DeleteFile('C:\Users\Joreti\AppData\Local\Temp\Jjf.exe');
    DeleteFile('C:\Windows\Jlasea.exe');
    ClearHostsFile;
    BC_ImportDeletedList;
    BC_ImportAll;
    ExecuteSysClean;
    BC_Activate;
    RebootWindows(true);
    after running the script you have to post the combofix log From your machine which actually located in c:\combofix.txt.

I have run the script that you have mentioned but still I am not able to get the update definition for the product.

Anyways thanks for the suggestion.

I am not sure whether it would be helpful or not but according to me you should try to uninstall the software that you have installed and reinstall the same and then try to update its definition. Because sometimes it happens as because of some missing rather corrupted files all such updating procedure gets failed to initialize, and though they get initialized they don’t update the product perfectly.

And as the extent to I know you’ll be only able to update the product if it would be a genuine product, I mean to say if you are using any trial version or something so let me tell you as first of all you have to get the final product first and then make this update to the product.

I was also having this problem once and later I came to know that there were very little problem I was having and you must wonder after reading this as it was because of the system date.

Thus first of all please make sure whether your system date is perfectly set or not.

I am agree with the above user but apart from that you should also make sure whether you are downloading and update through the official website or from any other source, because let me tell you as there are too many sources which will provide you such a update but they do not last longer rather failed to get update.

But if you are still having the same problem then according to me the best option would be to contact the support center for the same as they will surely assist you further.

I don’t know whether you are trying to get the update from the legitimate source or not but still I would like to suggest you that you should visit the following LINK, and download the update from here itself.

angry Re: Kaspersky Internet security 2012 cannot update its definition

I bought kaspersky internet security 2012,after i finish install then i try to update the database. It started counting from 1% to 100%,i suppose to see full update but it still gave me,(you not updated for a very long time) right now it's show yellow colour which means (out of date) What can i do,please help me.

Quote Originally Posted by DONlucaz View Post
    I bought kaspersky internet security 2012,after i finish install then i try to update the database. It started counting from 1% to 100%,i suppose to see full update but it still gave me,(you not updated for a very long time) right now it's show yellow colour which means (out of date) What can i do,please help me.
    Do you get any error message as well when updating the kaspersky internet security 2012 antivirus? It could be also that there might be a firewall set to block the connection of Kaspersky to your computer, try to add it to the exception of your firewall settings and try if it will work. Hope that solves the issue.

Thankx SpearMan,i we try that and feed you back with the result.