Thread: How to connect Desktop Manager with BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES)?

How to connect Desktop Manager with BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES)?

Hey hi friends, I am trying to connect my BlackBerry phone using the USB to our BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES). This thing Is working for the other instance of a BES and also while testing BES Express. And here I am using the Microsoft exchange. For that reason I am having the couple of the Outlook profiles. But while I am trying to get connected with the BES at that time it fails to get connected. What can I do now? And except this all things are working so fine in this case.

Re: How to connect Desktop Manager with BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES)?

I think that in your case you might need to add the Internet Protocol (IP) address or you will need the name of the computer that hosts the BlackBerry Router, and that will alow the connection to the BlackBerry Device Manage. And I think that this is BlackBerry Enterprise Server host by defaults. Here in this case I will suggest you for the contact your system administrator and also port to add to the BlackBerry Device Manager. And for resolving this prolem you can also follow the steps which are as:
    1. First step will be to click on the BlackBerry Device Manager icon in your computer′s task bar, and click Properties.
    2. And then click on the BlackBerry Router Configuration tab.
    3. Then Cick Enable user defined routers.
    4. Click Add Router.
    5. Then there I will suggest you to leave the default port as 4101, unless otherwise specified by your system administrator.
    6. Click Apply.
    7. Click OK.

For that reason I have also tried with connecting with the other PC which is not having the BlackBerry Desktop installed on it. and I tried with the WebDesktop to connect with the BES. But it was also of no use for me. Any other suggestion in this case?

While searching for the solution I found that there will be some problem in the BlackBerry Router Configuration in the device manager. And I tried with that and I found that port 4101 is not open. So here please suggest me that is this problem is caused by this reason only or there is any other problem is related to my phone.

I think that Port 4101 is the default port used by the BlackBerry Router for the serial bypass functionality. And if any third party is using this port then there might happens that it is conflicting with the serial bypass functionality. So try to make sure that any of the third party is not using the Port 4101. And try with the connection again.

Here in this case I will suggest you for Modify the serial bypass port used by the BlackBerry Router. And you can do this thing by opening Registry Editor and also you will need to create the following registry key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Research In Motion\BlackBerryRouter:
    • Name: DevicePort
    • Type: REG_DWORD
    • Data: <Available port number> (Decimal)

Do this and after that try to connect your device again with the BES. hope that this will work in your case.

Now I get that my test BES is running again, and also when I am trying to connect the devices at that time I it connects successfully. Yeah.

Hey please tell me that how did you manage to resolve this? Because I am also having the same problem and for resolving this I have also searched on the so many of the forums but this also doesn’t works for me. Still I am facing the problem as Device manager is no getting connected with the BES. for that I have also checked the registry setting and there I found that 4101 port was missing. Then I added this and then I started the process again but still having the same problem. So here please suggest me that how did you get this resolved.

Let me tell you all that I am still having the same problem and here I would like to request that can anyone do the my test with the BES and then report me back that what happens in their case? Please suggest me back over on the same forums.

I am now getting confused that why you are having the same problem after trying with the steps which are suggested above. I am telling you this thing because I was also facing the same problem and when I tried the solution which are above, I get that my problem has resolved. Now I can easily connect my Desktop Manager with BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES).