Thread: splitting of preview pane section in Gmail inbox

splitting of preview pane section in Gmail inbox

I am using my gmail account and fed up viewing my gmail inbox in the default view provided during ceating an account. I have heard that you can make changes in the pane. Google Gmail provides you wih various option regarding wadewa look you want to give to your inbox . I have looked all over Gmail inbox screen but cant find one . Do anyone know where is it and how to change the pane.

Re: splitting of preview pane section in Gmail inbox

I have accounts on yahoo and rediff and both of them are providing with the split pane . since I Don’t have account on Gmail I don’t have any idea about it whether they are available the option or not.

Actually now-a-days every email service provide you with the “split screen pane” There are two methods you can try with 1) Sneak Peek and 2) Preview Pane Gmail Labs these are two different methods from which you can try any one. To access Gmail Labs, click on “Gear" icon at top right corner of Gmail page, click on "Labs" and follow the instructions . I guess this info may be enough to get some hints. Hope rest of you can do it by your own I don’t think so its much difficult.

Referring your method I went into Labs and enabled Preview Pane, but my Gmail looks the same, doesn't open in a preview pane any idea what may be the issue. I don’t whether I have done it correctly or not. Can anyone explain me enabling the preview pane in more detail coz I think its not working with this little info.

I don’t know why its not changing the preview pane in your Gmail account but let it go will help you to sort out it. Login your Gmail account after you done with it now go to Gmail labs or Gmail settings (click on gear symbol option) goto “Mail Settings” after that you will find various tab above click on Labs tab button at the top. Now in search box type “preview pane” . you will find “Preview Pane by Peter B & Michael K” click on “enable” and click on “Save Changes” button. Now your Gmail will post back and goto your default gmail screen. you should see new options button at top right part. Clicking down the arrow you will able to see three options “No split” , “Vertical Split” and “Horizontal Split” . you can now easily enjoy with whatever pane you wnt.

It seems more complicated then any other email service . but wadewa I have done with it. I think Google must lower down this type of complications. As ordinary user finds difficult to tackle this type of issues.