Thread: Unable to see recent messages in yahoo Messenger 11

Unable to see recent messages in yahoo Messenger 11

Hi, I have recently updated my yahoo version as I was previously using yahoo messenger 10 but now I have installed 11 but don’t know I am having problem with getting recent message on messenger archive.

Is there any one here having same problem with their messenger, is this a universal problem or this is happening with me only? Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: Unable to see recent messages in yahoo Messenger 11

are you having this problem with any particular contact or with each and every contact?

Because see if that’s with the particular contact so at that time you have to delete the contact and again add it and then see what happens, and if suppose you are having problem with each and every contact that means there is some problem with the messengers.

And make sure whether you haven’t deleted the chat history or it won’t be retrieve anyway.

See let me tell you as if you are trying to access those history after some day then you’ll not be able to see then for sure and after all that’s quite obvious thing as the browser as well didn’t remember all such history for that much time.

Rather you can access them in between 15 to 30 minutes, and might be more than that but I am not sure about that.

Although your most recent immediate Messages will be straight away obtainable to you in your chat window, they will not be instantly available to you in your "Conversation History." On average, the records of your conversations will turn out to be available to you just about 30 minutes after your most recent immediate Message is sent.

Archived conversations are restricted to 100 communications or to 20 to 25 minutes of chat. A transaction is calculated each time a user sends a new discussion line or hits Return on Messenger. If the conversation ends more than 20 minutes, the rest of the conversation will come into view as a discretely archived chat. likewise, the 101st transaction will also begin a disjointedly archived chat.

I have tried the one you have mentioned but still having same problem with the software, I think there is some problem with the messenger I have installed.

Do I make a reinstallation?

I think there could be surely some problem with the browser that you are using, because haven’t ever seen any such problem ever before. And as far as remembering is concern I am agree with the above user as we must have to retrieve it within some specified time or else we’ll not be able to get it however.

Thus it would be good option to reinstall the software again to your machine but the thing is like don’t update It from the previous version, because though I am not sure but it might be because of that only, thus you should try to reinstall the software from downloading the source file.