Thread: want to remove news ticker box in firefox and chrome

want to remove news ticker box in firefox and chrome

I am regular user on the facebook . I check daily updates and posts on walls. But every few days facebook goes on implementing new features. Some of them are welcomed and some are annoying. But the latest facebook feature is highly distracting new updates Ticker box at top right side of facebook interface. It displays real time updates of your Facebook friends comments, likes and shares. I am using Firefox and Google chrome as web browsers. Can anyone tell how to get rid of this.

Re: want to remove news ticker box in firefox and chrome

Even I am also regular user of facebook . It goes on with implementing its new design every another day. Some of them are really innovative and some just annoys us. As the above friend has mentioned it I want to really avoid this new distracting feature .

see friends I know some feature of facebook really sucks…I can try to help you out of this new existing feature…For Google Chrome users can easily get rid of this news ticker box using Facebook News Ticker removr chrome extension in Google chrome browser . now just Click on Add to Chrome for automatic installation. After installation open facebook website and you can see that there are no distracting ticker box updates ….you have done with it ..sorry friend I have no idea about firefox.

I have done with this and got idea from getting rid of ticker box updates for the Google chrome browsers . But I also want to know how can I get rid of these ticker box using using firefox or opera browsers or any other browsers.

As guy above have shown you about how to get rid of ticker box using Google Chrome in facebook. Here are some tips through which you can get rid of ticker box from other browsers too….. Firefox n opera users can use Facebook Purity addon collection. firfox users can open F.B Purity homepage and then click on Firefox option to download. Once addon is installed, restart firefox browsers and login to your facebook account. Now click on F.B purity options button ,this will open Ticker Bar option Click on Checkbox and then click on save and close button …..and you have now got rid of the tick box updates from websites……Other browsers can also use usestyle script for removing Facebook ticker box…I hope this will help out to clear out the problems ..

Thank you all for you generous replies and helping to clear out the problems facing on facebook website.