Thread: How can I check that who visited/viewed my profile in facebook?

How can I check that who visited/viewed my profile in facebook?

I am a student and I like social networking sites. I like twitter, orkut and facebook. Among the three I like facebook the most. I use facebook a lot. I like all the features, looks and applications of facebook accept the only thing I would say that it would have been nice if we could know who visited our profile recently. In orkut I know that such feature was there but unfortunately I don’t see any such thing in the facebook. I want to know that is there any way that I can check who visited my profile or have viewed my profile in facebook? Any suggestions regarding this would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: How can I check that who visited/viewed my profile in facebook?

I would like to say that as far as I know there is no such way till now provided by the facebook people. According to the facebook policy and terms of usage, this thing is not possible. It doesn’t provide any ability to track who is viewing your profile. But I think there could be some way but I am not sure. But by default you cannot track and check other Facebook users visiting your profile this is what I know. It is sad but it is true.

Well I would say here that who can view your profile depends on your settings. You can change the settings and make it to your network and friends, Friends and friends of friends, or friends only. You have the authority to do that not only with your profile, but with the different parts of your profile as well. I hope you get what I want to say to you.

I am not sure but the profiles that appear in the friends that display on the left hand side under your profile photo and information are actually that are the friends that have recently viewed your profile. Actually what I know is when you click onto a friends profile and enter it, when you click off and return again 4 times out of 10 your profile image appears in that friends display.

Actually as I know that Facebook doesn’t allow its users to track profile views on how often a specific thing of content has been viewed and by whom. There exists is the third party developers who may offer applications that provide some of this functionality. But you will need to keep few things in your mind. Applications cannot track profile views for users who simply visit another person's profile. Facebook has made this to be not possible. If you want to be tracked by a program then you must allow that program to use your details. If you want to have such applications then it is completely on you.

I think there are many code and ways developed by the hackers to do this but I am not sure. I would say that if you want them then you will have to google a bit on the internet. And you are right that this feature is only possible in orkut.

I would say that if you want to do that then you must make an application that will allow you to do that. I am sure that Facebook won’t like this idea that I am giving you but this is the only thing that you can do. Developing such an application would take lot of time. So I think that is not required. I don’t think it is important to know who is visiting are profile or has visited. I hope you get what I mean. I would never appreciate any such things. Hackers make some such things and Facebook immediately deals with it as soon as they come to know about all such things.i had my one friend he was also very curious to know about how to track visitors, he tried a lot and at the end of the day he couldn't find anything. i would say that it is a total waste of time and you should not think about this thing as it is not possible. the only thing that we could do is that we can give feedback to Facebook team about this feature. we can request them that being a user we would like to see this feature in Facebook also as it is there in orkut. lets then see what is the answer of the Facebook.

Well I don’t know yet and I am not in a mood of developing an application for doing this. I would just say that if facebook agrees or if somehow there is some method of tracking the visitors then kindly post it here. Thank you in advance.