Thread: YM 11: “signing in to chat took longer than expected, please try again later”

YM 11: “signing in to chat took longer than expected, please try again later”

Hi, I have installed yahoo messenger 11 in my PC and it was working correctly previously but don’t know what could be the problem but I am not able to enter in to chat as whenever I try to login to my account I am getting following error,

“signing in to chat took longer than expected, please try again later”

Any idea what could be the problem, how do I resolved it?

Re: YM 11: “signing in to chat took longer than expected, please try again later”

See this is not only with the YM 11 rather all the version pukes the same error, and there are too many reasons that can cause this error while trying to Login in to yahoo messenger.

The very basic rather common problem that can causes such a problem is the miswritten characters, thus I would like to suggest you that you should make sure whether you are entering the correct user id and the PWD in mentioned field.

Re: YM 11: “signing in to chat took longer than expected, please try again later”

I am agree with the above user as ensure that first but along with that you should also check whether the internet connection that you are using is perfectly active or else you may get the same problem while signing in to your account.

Are you sure whether you are having active internet connection or not?

Yeah I know I am using perfectly working internet connection and apart from that I have tried it several times, and how can a person repeat the same mistake more than 10 to 15 times a day?

Any more suggestion left?

according to me you should try to enter different user ID and password in the field and then see what happens, because it might be possible that there is some problem with your user ID only. and if suppose you are able to chat through another ID that means surely there is some problem with your yahoo ID.

And if suppose pursue the same problem then you should try to reinstall the messenger that you have installed In your machine, and try to download the setup from another source, because it seems that the one you are having is quite corrupted.