Thread: Error: "Yahoo Messenger has stopped working. A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly." on windows vista

Error: "Yahoo Messenger has stopped working. A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly." on windows vista

Hi, I am currently running windows vista on my machine and having very serious problem with the yahoo messenger as I have started getting an error message as I have mentioned in the title. I think Yahoo Messenger is crashing on windows vista.

Is there any solution for this, because without that I am not able to use it any way. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Error: "Yahoo Messenger has stopped working. A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly." on windows vista

I was also getting the same error first but after sometimes I have started getting the Error message: "The application failed to initialize properly (ox0150002)".

And after all such approach I came to know that this was the problem because of the older versions file that was presented in my pc’s registry and causing the problem.

Thus after removing them from the registry and reinstalling the latest version has fixed the issues in my machine, so I hope you got it what you have to do.

Re: Error: "Yahoo Messenger has stopped working. A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly." on windows vista

I have done that as I have removed the registry entries as well but still having this kind of problem with the operating system.

I am agree with you dude as this is quite different and here you have to carry out following steps below to resolve the issue.

First of all you have to uninstall Runtime Components:

1. Hold the Windows + R key. This opens the "Run" command and type “appwiz.cpl” and click OK. as this opens "Add or Remove Programs."

2. Choose all of the following items and click the Remove button. There may be numerous installed versions, so be sure to take out all of them. for example,
    • Java
    • Microsoft .NET Framework
    • Microsoft Visual C++

4. Since the uninstall is finish, please reboot your computer.

5. After that, download and install the following mentioned runtime Components updates to optimize your pc's compatibility with Yahoo Messenger. This all the component will be available on the internet.
    • Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Windows Vista

• Java Runtime Environment

• DirectX Runtime Web Installer

• Visual C++ Runtime 2005

• Visual C++ Runtime 2010

• Microsoft .NET Framework 4

• Internet Explorer (latest version)

6. After installing these updates, reboot your machine once more, and then run Yahoo Messenger, I hope the issue will be fixed.

If suppose you are still having same problem with the messenger than it could be possible that there is some problem with either the operating system that you have installed or with the messenger setup you have downloaded.

Thus at this moment you should first try to reinstall the yahoo messenger through another setup and if you get the same problem then reinstall the operating system.