Thread: Configuring and check YM 11 Voicemail on your PC

Configuring and check YM 11 Voicemail on your PC

HI, I have started using yahoo messenger 11 on my machine and I have some doubts regarding the voicemail. I mean to say for,

1- Configure Yahoo! Messenger for voicemail and
    2- Check your voicemail messages

Any suggestion would be also appreciated.

Re: Configuring and check YM 11 Voicemail on your PC

I am not sure about the YM 11 but still I would like to tell you how you can do this in YM 10 or lower than that.

To utilize the Yahoo Messenger voicemail service, you first require setting up an email address where your voicemail can be frontward. To designate an email address:

1. decide Contacts | Call History

2. Hit it off on Set Up Voicemail and decide an email address

Voicemail messages will at the moment automatically be delivered to the address you chosen, as an email attachment, in .mp3 format.

To salvage a voicemail message from an email, choose the attachment which you have gotten within the email message and open it in your favorite audio player.

I am agree with the above user but still at this moment you should note that yahoo doesn't save a backup of your removed voicemail message attachments. Please ensure you keep a copy on your computer or any other source if you don't desire to misplace the voicemail.

When I was seeing the option that you have mentioned so it was not presented one the one the newer version, so is there any way for yahoo messenger 11 or shall I install the previous version to my machine?

no you don’t have to install the lower version as there is a way through which you can configure it on newer version as well, and for that follow the mentioned steps.

1. In the Messenger window, choose “Conversation History” under the "Contacts" menu.

2. One of two things happen as mentioned.
    • If this is the initial time you’ve unwrap the “Conversation History” window, you’ll observe a message alluring you to set up your voicemail. Click the Set Up Voicemail button.
    • And If you’ve previously point to your email address, a line at the base of the window inform you where your voicemail is being transported If you wish to modify it, click the “Change” link.

3. pick the email address that you’d like to have your voicemail delivered to, then click the OK button.