Thread: Recently the Utorrent speed has slowed down

Recently the Utorrent speed has slowed down

Hello friends I am using the Windows 7 ultimate bit-64, with the Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 (Firewall enabled), Utorrent 3.0 and the Belkin Basic N150 (F7D1301 v1) router as just I am facing problem with the Utorrent downloads, as the speeds irregular most of the time. I am using a 1mbps broadband connected via Belkin N150 Basic Router to PC. Earlier I was getting the Utorrent speed up to 100kbps, and now I am getting speed of 10 – 20 kbps and also previously I used to get 100 kbps + speed even if torrent were having 30 - 40 seeds irrespective of peers. So please suggest me what should I do now, thank you.

Re: Recently the Utorrent speed has slowed down

If you are getting the problem with the Utorrent then I would recommend you to use the Ubuntu and see you are getting the proper speed over there or not.

I think it is totally upon the speed of the internet which you are using to get on the broadband. I would suggest you to go on the normal browser page and try to download anything or you can try to download the same thing which you were trying to download through the Utorrent. If you are getting the good speed and also you are getting the same old speed then it might the problem with the Utorrent, so I would suggest you to download the latest version of the Utorrent and see that you are getting the old speed on that. I hope you should update the Utorrent and also check a small test of the speed of the internet by downloading something on the computer. Hope the suggestion might have helped you and also it might have cleared the problem of yours.

I think you try to use the download software which is mostly like the Utorrent and I am sure you will get the speed over there back which you use to meet it on the Utorrent and also you are able to download anything at the old and faster speed.

I think that you should try to download the video or the game for which you are downloading it on the Utorrent. As the above user also have recommended you to use the normal download which you get with the browser and also you can check the speed what are you getting from the broadband and also you can see that the speed is correct or not for your computer, if the speed is less then you should ask your friend who are using the same broadband which you are using and also ask those who are using the same plan which you are using. If the friends are also getting the less speed of the internet and also they are using the Utorrent then you can get the confirmation that the Utorrent is not proper or the internet which you are using it.

I think the internet connection might be the problem, as the Utorrent was working proper earlier so the internet connect can be slowed down and also check the speed by downloading the speed tester for the internet.

I think you should try the above user method as it is the best and also the good option to check whether the Utorrent is working proper or not or whether the internet connection is working proper or not. I have also done the same method, as once I was facing the same problem which you are facing , I was thinking the problem was with the Utorrent, so I have updated the Utorrent to the latest version and also I have tried the other software’s to try it and get it. But I was facing the same problem, then friend of mine has suggested me to check the speed of the internet, and he has also given me the tester to check the speed of the internet, then I found it that the problem was with the internet as the speed was low, so then I have called the broadband center get it fixed form. I suggest you to do the same which I have tried and it has done worked for me.

Try to install the Utorrent again on the system, but remove the older Utorrent from the system and install the latest and better version Utorrent on to your system and check the speed in that, if you have the same problem then it is problem with the internet connection.