Thread: Cross Browser Testing WINDOWS XP, vista and windows 7

Cross Browser Testing WINDOWS XP, vista and windows 7

HI, I am using internet Explorer till I have started using windows based operating system and really I am quite satisfied with the performance, but still I want to test the browser and want to collect some reviews.

If suppose we install internet Explorer 8 in windows XP, vista, window 7 32bit so will the browser give same performance in all the operating system?

Is there anybody who had tried this and ever noticed any difference in the performance?

Re: Cross Browser Testing WINDOWS XP, vista and windows 7

I have tried the browser on each and every operating system you have mentioned but in fact I haven’t seen any such noticeable difference in the performance, but still according to me it is depends on the internet connection speed, I mean to say if you have very good internet speed then no matter which operating system you have installed you’ll get very good speed with this browser.

But Still the basic difference that you’ll get Is among windows Xp and windows 7/vista. Because those newer operating system have very good utilities by means of that IE renders pages in differently on WinXP vs. Win7/Vista.

The whole point of a browser is to be the stage for web sites. in spite of of the fundamental operating system." certainly. Though, a lot of browser maker in the past have, for whatever reasons, ignored this. Was just checking that it's not the case with Internet Explorer 8.

I would say you may get some difference in the performance for sure, because the they operate at different plat forms.

And as you are just asking but according to me you should try to test them on your own so that you can understand it better.

Because see the thing I have noticed is like just the difference in the rendering the page only, nothing else than that.

There are at least 6 to 7 versions of Microsoft IE 8 and there are probably dissimilarity in layout due to bug fixes in the latter liberation a list of versions is obtainable on Microsoft's official support site, you can simply visit the below link for further assistance.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969393

And as the extent to I know MS IE8 on Windows XP is version 8.00.6001.18702 and on Windows 7 is version 8.00.7600.16385.

I have tried on my own, and the only difference that I got was like page rendering and little bit difference in the speed.

Anyways thanks for the suggestion.

I am agree with the above user but apart from that There are several differences regarding CSS as well. while I used two divs, the first floated left and the second overflow:hidden; width:auto; but at the same end IE8 on windows 7 delivered it properly whereas IE8 on xp sp2 rendered the second div giving it wrong width.

And that’s quite worst!