Thread: Do Skype group chat cost anything?

Do Skype group chat cost anything?

Hi, I have recently installed skype on my machine and purchased a web cam as well, but the thing that I noticed is like though we can make call for free of cost but for group chat we must have to pay, is it true or I am the only victim having this problem with the software.

And if so then is it worthy to pay them such a amount as a charge? Or is there any other software that we can make use instead of this.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Do Skype group chat cost anything?

I would say as far as video calling is concern it is quite worthy to use this software, and whatever the cost they have specified is quite good to have.

Because see if you compare it with other services such as 3G calling you have to pay more for sure, and compare to them this is so cheaper. for myself I wouldn't pay for it, but if you require it for business or something it could be worth it.

keep in mind that you'd require everybody else in the call to have it for it to work.

I am agree with the above user and as answer to your question let me tell you as you must have to pay for this service.

But if you are thinking of conference chat then you can have too many other option as well such as you can make use of any chatting client for the same. such as yahoo, gtalk and many more. Be aware as let me tell you that the group chat facility is still free rather group video calling would cost you.

Thanks for the suggestion, actually I have asked this because was confused as I have heard that the software is able to make free calls.

Anyways will you please let me know the procedure to make a group chat? And please tell me some useful tips regarding using the software.

Off course I would like to suggest you how you can make a group chat and for that you can simply follow the below mentioned steps.

• First of all you have to install the software your machine and after that View your groups, located on your "Contacts" tab in the middle of your Skype application.

• Now you have to click the "Groups" bar and that you can see on top of your individual contacts if you can't view your groups. Right-click the group you aspiration to start a chat with.

• And after that "Start Group Chat."

Now if suppose you want to add a Person to a Group Chat follow the steps mentioned.

• As mentioned above you have to start the chat first and then locate the "Add More People to This Chat" button that you’ll get the lower-right corner of the chat window.

• After that click the "Add More" button.

• Choose the individual you wish for to add. And for multiple name, hold down the CTRL key while clicking to names.

• And then click on add button and ok.

there are too many useful tips for using this software, I would like to tell you some of them.

1. To send a folder to everybody concerned in the chat, click the button with the icon of a part of paper with arrows on it.

2. Locate a subject for the chat by clicking the symbol of the note pad paper and pencil located along the top of the chat window.

3. Hide or view information about people you are chatting with by clicking the left/right-facing arrow along the top of the chat window.

And along with this there are too many, you can simply check the official website.

Really it works very good while we concern group chat but still video conference is not affordable for me anyways is there any plans for cutting down the cost?