Thread: How do I disable autocomplete Opera 11.1

How do I disable autocomplete Opera 11.1

Actually I wanted to know that what is autocomplete, How to disable autocomplete, How to clear autocomplete history,How to delete autocomplete history and disable it in internet explorer as well in Firefox,How to clear address bar autocomplete and how to clear autocomplete in safari?. Any suggestion regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: How do I disable autocomplete Opera 11.1

As far as I know “AutoComplete “ is a kind of feature that perform the task of storing whatever you type in the web pages in a form of list for example it can be your personal information, credit card information, or any keyword that you would have entered for a search. It basically helps a user in order to complete a web which he might be filling by providing him this can give a drop down list of all the information that you must have typed to all the ones accessing your computer.

In order to clear autocomplete you can just use the Clear form autocomplete option which you will find in your browser and you can even clear it by using some special software. Clearing the autocomplete protects your privacy and the content that you would have entered in the web browsers. It supports a good no of browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, MSN Explorer, AOL Explorer, and Opera. In order to clear from AutoComplete you can use the "Clear history" option for your browser an in order to delete the passwords you can use the "Delete stored passwords" option. Hope now you know what is autocomplete.

You can easily delete form autocomplete in Internet Explorer 9 as well as internet explorer 8.What you have to do is open your Internet Explorer and then just select 'Delete Browsing History' option from the Tools menu and Then just select the 'Form data' option and then just click the 'Delete' button and in order to clear it automatically just select 'Internet Options' an then in the 'Tools' menu just check-mark the 'Delete browsing history on exit' option if you want to clear it every time you exit.

If you want to disable autocomplete in internet explorer then just go in to internet explorer and then Select "Tools" and then the "Internet Options" and then just Open the "Content" tab and then Under AutoComplete just click on the "Settings" button and then just remove check marks from AutoComplete options if you don’t need them and then click on OK. Hope this was quite simple.

And in order to clear autocomplete history in Firefox 5.0 just go to the top of the Firefox window and then select the history menu and later delete the clear recent history as well as the time range to clear after selecting the above just click the arrow near the detail and then you will get a list of item that can be cleared and after check marking the form and search history just click on clear now and this will probably clear all the list that you will select.

To disable the autocomplete history in Firefox 4.0 and Firefox 5.0 just go to the top of the Firefox window and then select options and after this just open the privacy channel and then set “Firefox will:” to use the custom settings for the history and then uncheck the “ Remember search and form history” option and then just click on OK. It’s very simple and short.

You can also change autocomplete setting in the internet explorer 7.0 just select Tools>Internet Options>Open Content tab and then click on settings under the autocomplete and then select the information’s you want your browser to remember by just removing check marks from AutoComplete options and then finally click on OK and you are done.

You can also change the AutoComplete Settings in Internet Explorer just by Selecting "Tools" and then selecting "Internet Options" and then Open the "Content" tab and then click on setting under the AutoComplete select what all information your want your browser to remember in order to remove this just remove the check marks from the AutoComplete options and then click on ok and you are done