Thread: New Opera with per-pixel scrolling for Mac users

New Opera with per-pixel scrolling for Mac users

Yesterday while I was searching on opera forums I have found a thread about inviting you to test the Opera Next build. This build was mainly meant for Mac users. That contains a much enhanced familiarity intended for users of Apple’s touch input devices (trackpads as well as Magic Mouse.). They want you to test this experimental build and send them feedback properly so that it can help for further improvements. It is also mentioned that you should need to compare or test this browser with the previous versions of Opera. Just test it with browsers.

Re: New Opera with per-pixel scrolling for Mac users

IE is yes, whether the page must be scrolled or not, at the right edge of the scroll bar or a "placeholder" is displayed for shuffle mode. That is, for the page is always the same court. In opera and firefox is different: the content of the page fits exactly into the browser window, does not have to be scrolled, and is displayed no scroll bar and no placeholder. At the part that does not need to be scrolled, just 20 pixels longer available.

10.5 is a significant release because it is now a native Cocoa application, which means a good performance improvement for users of Mac also includes additional benefits such as Growl notification support Mac and multitouch gestures.

So what has changed since the Beta? Well, support for PowerPC is new, so that people on older Macs can use Opera. The displacement has been restructured to be much softer, the search domain name has accelerated in the Snow Leopard 10.6, and accidental errors and problems in the beta widget have been resolved.

I believe this is due to the connection. If the connection strength is large you can see the checkered background, but still not the homepage. In a not so strong connection they have seen.’

Unlike other web browsers like Google Chrome, Opera or Internet Explorer, all versions of Mozilla Firefox is not enabled by default include smooth scrolling, it permits us to look superior move when we move into a website by the use of scroll. Many users believe that smooth scrolling in Firefox is a feature not there within this browser, which is a mistake. To allow this functionality inside the "fox fire" now call for to make active it from browsing preferences on the app, with the intention that while you activate scrolling by the scroll becomes further attractive.

I am a opera user, but I find as dramatic a difference when scrolling not, yes, it's a little bit faster, but 'jerky' I would not call it. It is slightly less liquid than Chrome. I have the new Macbook Air.

A most obvious change in OS X Lion is the inversion of the traditional scrolling a page. In Lion, Apple has adopted an approach for the sliding IOS changing the way in which the user scrolls up and down, instead of moving the window with all its contents, actually move the content itself. This method works well when you're sliding on a touchscreen device like an iPhone or iPad, but on a desktop does not lend itself to what Apple calls "natural flow" of Lion. If you want to return to the old way of sliding Lion, here's how to do it. It's actually quite easy to disable or reverse the slip in Lion. All you have to do is change a simple setting in System Preferences in Mac.

MacBook Pro 2011, scrolling is not flat while using trackpad, it`s only jumping in smaller steps. Scrolling with mouse is extremely slow. Other browsers and applications are scrolling smoothly. Can`t you implement scrolling provided by system (on mac)? I think it would be much better solution.

If you use a mouse or trackpad Magic, just go in the "trackpad" System Preferences and click on "zoom and scroll." From that window, uncheck "the direction of flow: natural flow. "Cos' it will be disabled. If you do not use a mouse or trackpad Magic, you can turn off the flow reversed "Mouse" options. Uncheck "Move the contents in the direction of movement of the finger when scrolling or navigation." Surely it took a few days to get used to this new way of scrolling and scrolling was added to Lion.