Thread: Opera 11.50 Memory Usage rising and freezes

Opera 11.50 Memory Usage rising and freezes

I am using the Opera browser in Windows XP SP3. Now it is updated to the version 11.5. the problem is Memory usage grows without any reason while not browsing or not doing anything. U doesn’t know how. If I open more tabs more tabs then don’t say. It rises like temps. The opera freezes and then I need to kill the process by using the task manager. How could be this?

Re: Opera 11.50 Memory Usage rising and freezes

The behavior is indeed a rather large memory consumption (I do not have figures in mind) which in fact can cause slowdowns on a machine with 1 GB of RAM (under ubuntu yet deemed to be lighter at the system level and therefore support small config. I asked rather returns about this function may be useful (back only if it exists of course). But your article I was well lit

The thing is that I require opera with every one of its tabs open incessantly. It is a bit frustrating to quit opera each 30 minutes or so plus restart it.

I typically kill the opera process within the Task Manager, and afterward run CCleaner. Later Opera starts comparatively quick from my saved session and all is reasonable; that is the patch that I'm utilizing.

Occasionally I reload each and every one tab straight away and that helps as well. The memory usage drops every so often from 1.2 GB otherwise higher to 0.5 GB, except as well that takes some time prior to every one of tabs are refreshed. However, killing the Opera process as well as running CCleaner is at rest the most excellent solution.

There are only very rare cases where I have ever heard of a storage issue in Opera. And you all have occurred in Windows 7. What I can recommend you. The new version crashes maybe once or twice from, but is much faster - even faster "safe surfing" in comparison to the other and finally take you through a feature in the Opera was a pioneer, times not.
    Ctrl F12 -> History: there you can adjust how much memory is allowed to occupy and how much hard drive space opera. If the memory leak will still be there, we need something completely different approach to the story.

For my everyday use (no more than 5 tabs open at once) Opera uses less me. New versions of Firefox or Safari with that number of tabs and I will regularly. And sometimes if I open many tabs and most things I have flash and videos to Opera if it goes up consumption, but still as smooth and efficient while with Safari or Firefox I freeze or lock.

You should not be amazed by your memory usage. You will increase your physical memory, at least 1 GB, for the high demands imposed on you graph the current programs. And you do a study on the use of your swap, to address the lack of more physical memory and that is why I advised you to read with top.

What matters is not how much memory it takes, but if it has the ability to make an application quickly if another is needed. After all, if when another application demands, Opera and Mac OS X are able to quickly leave available, so there's no real big problem.

Well, I read the following in the Opera forum. This is not necessarily a bug or a problem. If you have enough free memory both Windows and Opera wants to use some of it for buffers, history, data, maps, etc. It still can go even higher that what you quoted, with only one large or very active page, but as soon as a program needs more memory, it will release some for additional uses. This is done to get superior performance and is the whole purpose of dynamic memory handling. That is as well why you require at least 2GB memory for Windows 7 otherwise Vista to run well and wherein the even more.

Inactivity or background activity may not take Opera uses more memory than the last activity was..

I have tested my 3 favorite browsers, Firefox, opera and safari. The test was conducted on Windows Vista with 3 GB of RAM. All browsers were monitored for about three hours of use, but it should be noted, have not been made use of any type of script to run the test. The data were obtained during normal use of the browser from the author of the test. Have been avoided, and PDF pages with Java applets.

Although data are not comparable, an idea, however, a comparison can be done, and it is difficult to draw up a ranking well defined, given the important differences between software challengers.

The gold medal goes to Firefox 3, which is always close to 100 MB of memory allocated, with momentary peaks that do not ever go over 160 MB.

When it comes to application performance is always talking about time and memory. Unfortunately it is impossible to get the best in both fields and generally a very fast is a high memory usage. I believe that Apple has decided to sacrifice the memory usage to improve the speed of your browser (which I personally approve of the choice).