Thread: Age Verification is required every time when I visit Steam store

Age Verification is required every time when I visit Steam store

Every time when I go to check a game’s page in Steam store then I have to fill the age. I can understand that it may have some uses for them, but I think they should just check my age information from my profile instead of asking me everytime. It really annoys me and I don’t see any reason for this. Why they just make an auto check of my age from my profile. I am tired of entering same age every time.

Re: Age Verification is required every time when I visit Steam store

Yes, it feels annoying. But, abut 2-3 months ago I somewhere got to read that Valve has stated that for some legal reasons it is necessary for them to ask our age at least for once in every seesion.

Yes, they should just get the age from our profile rather than forcing us to type fake birthdays all the times when we want to check for M rated games. What is necessity of entering Birth date manually? I sometimes feel very annoying when I cannot see week’s specials just due to I mistakenly clicked OK when they ask to verify age. I didn’t bought any specials this week because I was not able to see details about. It really irritates me a lot.

I think they ask the age because there may be some legality reason but, of course, it irritates me also too much. They should note down one time that I am 25 years of age and use that every time instead of asking me again and again. I am just fed of answering same thing again and again.

Yes, I think they should have a better age verification system. They do this verification to sort out the kids from the steam store and make only users like me to buy online uncut.

Actually it has nothing to be against the law, if they are making someone to put their age and after that to utilize that gloabally in the store. Hence, I think they just not have seen enough complaints about it from the users.

When I am signed in then I don’t think it should be any hard. If steam client is really a client, I think they should at least remember some details such as my age and they should use it where required. I am really got tired up of typing my date of birth for every session even when I am already logged in. Anyone will get irritated if he will have to enter his date of birth hundreds of times. They should really stop asking this at least when we are logged in.

You are free to think what you want, but believe me that Valve’s hands are tied about this and they really cannot do anything about this.