Thread: Will we ever be able to transfer funds to our friends Steam wallet?

Will we ever be able to transfer funds to our friends Steam wallet?

I will always like this kind of feature by which anyone can transfer funds from his steam wallet to any of his friend’s wallet. I will feel very good if anyone put funds from his steam wallet into my steam wallet, as a gift on my birthday, Christmas or on any other occasions. It will be a best gift for me because I will be able to anything with that. I will also gift funds to my friends but as this feature is not available right now in steam, therefore, this is not possible for now. But, if they will add such feature in future then it will be great. I will like to know what you all think about this.

Re: Will we ever be able to transfer funds to our friends Steam wallet?

I think no one will like to send me funds from his steam wallet to me. But, if this feature is included then I think it will be better for them who want to help their relatives who are new to Steam.

I can agree about this that it will have some uses, but I will never like to gift money to other people from my card to their game account. However, many people may like to gift funds from their steam wallet to others. Or, there can be a digital gift card, which everyone can use to buy gift costing some bucks and then we can gift them to our friends.

Yes, I agree with you. it will be great to have Steam cards, like the Xbox and PSN cards, in the market places. Actually, I have seen many people have given this suggestion last year also. I am just hoping about this that they implement this also in future. But, at least for now, they should add this fund transferring feature because, it will be useful for many users of Steam. I think they should think about this feature.

Actually, I was saying that those digital cards would be used only within the steam networks. As I referred it as a digital card therefore you can get an idea that it is not a real card, it is only a currency gift pass for steam networks. Actually it is just same as you gift a game, but in this case you will gift them a card which can be used to add some currency value to their steam wallet. For, example you can consider that if you buy a gift card which costs around 20 bucks and then you gift that card to your friend, so 20 bucks will be added to his steam wallet.

Actually, now I am little confused. I can’t understand what difference it will make and how this will be implemented for now? Or, I just didn’t understand what actually you want to say. I think what I said is just simpler.

I suggested this, because according to my knowledge, you cannot gift moneys to your friends Steam account easily. Therefore, I suggested this. It will make easier for Steam to check as then they will not have to have loose change flutter around the accounts of various users. I think if they will implement this in future then they will make cards of some fixed amounts because, recently I got see that they allow you to add only some fixed amount to your wallet.

Alright, now I am thinking that I have understood what you want to say and it’s actual significance. Actually I just want a way to transfer money any steam wallet. It doesn’t matters how they implement this. Any option which allows this will work for me. We just need a way to be able to gift funds to our friends.

I think it may be useful, but I think gifting a game is also the same thing. However, it will not be any bad if we have more other option. Because, it is possible that when we gift a game to our friend and then he doesn’t likes the game that we gifted him then instead of sending a game if we send some money from our wallet then he will be able to buy any game that he actually wants and he will actually like that gift. So, therefore, I also think that it is a good idea to have such feature.