Thread: Customize the message indication on Outlook 2011

Customize the message indication on Outlook 2011

How to change the message colors in Outlook 2011. I mean to say the message, which we get in our inbox. Is there a way by which I can give different colors as per the message. For example an different color for unread message. This can make my job easier for bifurcating the mails as per my need.

Re: Customize the message indication on Outlook 2011

Here you are asking for an creative way of sorting your emails in the inbox. Surely there is an way. I had tried this a very long time before and sharing the same here will be worth. I did not work on the latest version of outlook express but knows that this works. In this it is possible to provide an different color to each sender. The next time when you get that mails you can find a different color for each. I do not know much about read and un-read messages. For that just choose an email and choose the sender. Then look for organize icon. It is somewhat located on the top side of windows. If you are lucky enough to found that look for Color option. Here it is possible to provide different colors to the emails. Choose an color and apply the same. I use this for some mails which are important. This makes my job easier to search the most important mail sorting in the list.

I do not any option in Outlook express which can allow me to change the color of unread messages. I don't know how to find them also. Basically bold black also is not bad.

There is an way and I am sure that it will help. You can manage manage things here. You can manage the color codes, you can manage the received mails, etc. The default options for viewing the Inbox font for unread message is black bold. You can here modify the color, the fonts size and even change the actual font. For that you have to go in the View > Current View. Then click on Customize Current view. You can find this all in the Inbox itself on top. Now you have to click on Automatic formatting. This are the settings which are set default for the unread messages. In that click on Font. Modify your desired settings here and then check back again. Give Ok and then check some of your mail settings.

I found this in Entourage. This is more simpler in that. I am really not sure about the outlook settings. But there is an much better way of managing such unread message in Entourage. Surely outlook might have some kind of settings for that.

There is one more way by which you can modify the settings of unread messages in Outlook. This is really an cleaver way of organizing the unread messages and getting the most you need. But my way is bit different. Here I had modified the unread message icons. With this I can easily find in the list which mails are never read. You will need to modify the tif file for the same. Just right click on Outlook icon and then click on Applications. Now click on Show Package Content > Contents/Resources. Inside that you will need to look for an tif file named @ol_messageUnread_16.tif. You can edit the file in any image editor and fix the same back in same place.

Very easy method you can use here is by filtering. You can just filter unread messages and you get list on your screen. Why to do all those modifications.

I had did once a change in my Outlook express. I had changed the background of the same, by editing the registry key. Here you need to modify the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Mail And News key to make changes. Keep a registry fix tool, incase you face any kind of error just run and it will restore back your old settings.