Thread: How to change default setting of Firefox back to no proxy

How to change default setting of Firefox back to no proxy

I have windows 7 and I use Firefox 5.0.1 on this system for surfing the internet. Now in this Firefox every time I need to manual change the setting. I don’t want to do this task at each time of login. I look many site but can’t found any well solution. Is there any way to change default setting of Firefox back to no proxy? I hope that the user of this forum help me to solve this problem.

Re: How to change default setting of Firefox back to no proxy

If you have a user.js file in your profile of this Firefox then I suggest you to use this file for the further operations. This will be help to you for solving your problem. Then search it and if it present then use it for change the default setting to no proxy.

A user.js file is an unusual method of modifying preferences, optional for advanced users only. Changing the default setting preferences can either be done by user.js file. Alternatively, you can store custom preferences in the user.js file. Then I think this would be help to you for solving your complicated problem. The setting of this will be help a lot for change the default setting of ff back to no proxy.

One solution could be to delete all settings from hard disk. You can do this using the inbuilt option of this Firefox. There is a way that helps to you for doing this simple task. This process will be set all the setting to its default stage. Then this web browser could not give such kind of problem.

You need to set the integer value of the network.proxy.type to 0. This value will be work to Direct connection to the Internet (no proxy used). Hence I suggest you to use these options and then set the setting of this proxy to the mentioned value. Then you can connect your web browser to the internet without using the proxy server. You can view more information related to this issue on the manual of this Mozilla Firefox.

In network proxy settings of this Mozilla Firefox there is a number of settings available. You need to disable/uninstall the corresponding extension. Then I think this will be also gives the no proxy option. Use this. I hope that it will make the changes as per you wish.

“Auto-detect proxy settings for this network” not work then you need to use a restore the setting of this web browser. You can do this task using the factory restore option of this Mozilla Firefox web browser. This will work t set all the setting to the default stage. Then you can see that this browser work on the default stage. There has to be not any advanced or the manual setting present after doing this restore setting task.

When I re-open Firefox the proxy setting returns to Manual Proxy configuration. Then I check the system and Malware acted on my windows 7 PC. For solving this process I try to remove this malware on it. Then I use antimalware software on it. This process has to be removing the malware onto it. Then in response it helps to solve this manual setting problem. Indirectly it works to change default setting of Firefox back to no proxy.

If you still not able to solve this problem then you need to contact the official site expert. This help to understand the basic reason behind this problem. It helps to you for solving your complicated problem.